You can't tell me anything about Safety. I know it all !!!

Reaction score
So there I was last night trying to puzzle out my new Phantom 2 Vision. I managed to do all the updates etc and install a set of rotor guards...

God I'm so clever...

Finally it sat on my living room floor all ready to go. All I wanted to do was drain the battery and recharge it over night.
Hum... whats a fast way to drain the battery... Right, run the motors !! This is all to easy for a smart *** like me...
So I started the motors and somehow managed to bump the throttle speed. In a second it took off and made a "B" line for my leg !!!
It hit my ankle and shredded my sock then shredded my foot. I made a grab for it and badly sliced two fingers.

The moral of the story... REMOVE THE BLADES before doing anything other than flying... I'd only read that about 10 times, but I'm far to smart for stupid stuff like that !!!

Hell... my fingers really hurt !!! :oops:

Re: You can't tell me anything about Safety. I know it all !

How bad was the cut?

I heard the blades wouldn't cut... never wanted to test this though.

I wanna know at the same time i don't wanna know.

I am hoping you are not at your deathbed for one last tweet haha, Make it out alive without stitches??

tstowe said:
How bad was the cut?

Seriously?

Caspercash said:
So there I was last night trying to puzzle out my new Phantom 2 Vision. I managed to do all the updates etc and install a set of rotor guards...

God I'm so clever...

Finally it sat on my living room floor all ready to go. All I wanted to do was drain the battery and recharge it over night.
Hum... whats a fast way to drain the battery... Right, run the motors !! This is all to easy for a smart *** like me...
So I started the motors and somehow managed to bump the throttle speed. In a second it took off and made a "B" line for my leg !!!
It hit my ankle and shredded my sock then shredded my foot. I made a grab for it and badly sliced two fingers.

The moral of the story... REMOVE THE BLADES before doing anything other than flying... I'd only read that about 10 times, but I'm far to smart for stupid stuff like that !!!

Hell... my fingers really hurt !!! :oops:

I think there could be several " morals of this story"
What a brilliant read that was and talk about a laugh, thank you
:)

I did do the same thing, it flew up to the roof and bounced off the walls, all reason goes at that moment eh, and with some sort of time dilation effects going on, it's a frightening thing.
After you look back you go, golly gee wiz that was a real clever thing I did :)

I'm glad I made you all laugh... with my body parts are splattered on the walls :lol:

One thing I did learn is that brand new Carbon Fiber blades WILL NOT bend or break. They are like Duracells... They stay razor sharp and keep right on cutting...

My cuts could have been worse but I do have a couple of black finger nails and I'm missing skin off of two knuckles Two of the blades also cut right through two of the support arms of the blade guards :shock:

These things are not toys. Please learn from my mistake !!

Thanks,

Tom...

tstowe said:
How bad was the cut?

Ever notice the cord on the weedeater?

Ok, I'm going to say it. "Pics or it didn't happen." :evil:

Yeah, carbon fiber bladed are strong, I have taken some plaster off a wall with it before!

planedr said:
Ok, I'm going to say it. "Pics or it didn't happen." :evil:

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. :lol:

OMG, He is left with just a thumb!!!

Glad to see its healing up. Phew

One of my "Golden Rules" with my quad is it NEVER has a battery in it if it has props on when indoors. The chance it could just start up is very remote but you never know. The shock one would experience if the motors started and went full when in the house would be something I would not want to see.

eaglescout said:
Or in the car with a battery installed!
+1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj