Yikes!

Reaction score
Wow... take a couple of days off and all hell breaks loose. When did this site get so **** ugly and how do I get my old site back?!?!

Reactions: Wibble and DBS
I know right!?

They made the "Facebook" mistake... take something that was working very well with no complaints and change everything.

I don't like it at all either... jacked up everybody's profile pics by making them round and cutting all the corners off of pics that were uploaded to be square when we did them.

Color scheme is OK... and now a new learning curve while creating posts in the text box with all the new tools above the box... I had become accustomed to the old one and actually liked posting here more than any other site just because of that tool box..

Bummer.

And where the hell did all the emoji's go? I couldn't show my "bummer" face just now... :-(

Reactions: dirtdummy
was wondering what was going on...thought i'd registered myself to another phantom site whilst pissed lol...

Reactions: DBS
They have "likes" for all the comments now... and our profile has a "status"?

how old are we again?

I suppose I'll get used to this as I do with anything else...
Try and figure things out and see if there's any benefit here...
I do notice the site is faster overall... but if you click on a thread with a lot of pics it is dreadfully slow at rendering the pics... and it doesn't give you the "loading" icon where the pic should be... just a blank space that you scroll right past as if nothing is there.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... not very impressed, but that may change.

It takes a bit of poking around to get the hang of it but in the end I think it is a better overall format. Everything from before is there, plus more features. Some of the terminology has changed and I think that throws some people off track. Now that I am getting used to it I do like it. Oh yeah, the emojis are there in the posting toolbar. ;)

In what was is it better? Please explain?
The old one was so much clearer.
Remember you have more older members than younger - I was shocked by the average age of the users!!! Most in their 40s or above.

Quit yer bitchin! :D

In what was is it better? Please explain?
The old one was so much clearer.
Far too many things then I can say in 1 post. For starters, its easier to scroll down a thread because the message boxes are smaller, it shows whos online with a green dot, you can get thread notifications without having to get an email, we can run giveaways from the sidebar, better SEO, navigation tabs along the top, simply enter the number of the post you want to go to in a thread and you go there, "media", easier to add forums for more specifics, notifications on the site, conversations (PM's) with more than 1 user, social media integration, follow people, like messages in a thread, auto saving when typing a post, and better search.

Trust me, I could go on and on. Most people take a first look at the site and want to hate it, but if they give it some time, they find out they love it. Please give us the benefit of the doubt.

Jacob, what are profile posts?

And yes IFlyinWy, we can see them. :D

I like the alerts. :cool:

How do you clear them once you've read them.

Its kind of like facebook.

Thanks! Couldn't quite put my finger on it. I thought it was just **** ugly but you are 100% right. This site is now officially a facebook clone. Now I know why I hate it so much.

I don't like the new site at all. It's way too slow and clumsy to use. Please bring the old layout back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1