Yet to purchase

Reaction score
New guy here. Been lurking for some time. I've decided to pull the trigger on a p3a but not sure if I should wait until after March 1st. Thinking is just maybe the price will drop after the announcement of the 4?? Thoughts on that?

And I'd appreciate thoughts on the bundles from Amazon. I'm def leNing towards the extra battery bundle but should I consider others (those that include backpack etc).

Thanks in advance for any input or advice related to the future purchase. I can't wait.

The price already dropped ~1 month ago. I don't think it's going any lower since the new Phantom seems to be some kind of new model -- rather than a P3 replacement. I'm assuming that's the thought anyhow since the rumored price tag is about double the P3.

It all depends what other different models of P4 will be introduced. If the base price remains at 1700, P3 will remain in demand and then prices will not further drop. It's just a speculation. You have risk of losing $100 :). If you are concerned about $100, it may be worth waiting.

Reactions: kirk2579
I don't think they will come down any more. I feel sorry for the people that purchased at Christmas! Luckily made the right choice and waited till January :)

It all depends what other different models of P4 will be introduced. If the base price remains at 1700, P3 will remain in demand and then prices will not further drop. It's just a speculation. You have risk of losing $100 :). If you are concerned about $100, it may be worth waiting.

Good point. Not worth waiting.

Any other extras a must have other than spare battery?
Min extras:

Batteries
Phone / tablet. If iPad or iPhone, you need a 12" USB to iPad compatible cable

Other useful extras:

Lens cover plus gimbal holder
ND filters 4, 8, 16, 32
Backpack/ Case
64GB micro SD card Class 10 U1

Other optional items to empty your pocket:

Look at msinger's list

Min extras:

Batteries
Phone / tablet. If iPad or iPhone, you need a 12" USB to iPad compatible cable

Other useful extras:

Lens cover plus gimbal holder
ND filters 4, 8, 16, 32
Backpack/ Case
64GB micro SD card Class 10 U1

Other optional items to empty your pocket:

Look at msinger's list
Where can I get a good description on what the filters do and when to use them?

P3-Polar-Pro-Filter-Chart.png

Thanks for this must have list. I have been looking around for someone who knows what their doing. My first phantom 3 is scheduled for delivery next wednesday. I bought the pro model with 1 extra battery, so do I need pretty much everything here or do some of the things come with it? Thanks.

You don't need everything on my must-have list. However, I think you'll find that you'll need/want mostly everything I listed over time. Here are the things you must absolutely have:
  • FAA Registration (if you're in the US)
  • Phantom Manual (since it does not come in the box)
  • Compatible tablet/phone
  • DJI GO

Thanks msinger, I have those covered but I meant items like the lens cover and gimbal protector. (I'm not sure if they come with, or if they're inferior) I bought a backpack case already. I would like to protect my investment as much as possible. Thanks,

The P3P does not come with a lens cover. The gimbal protector is not on my must-have list, but adding some extra protection is never a bad idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik