P3 Firmware Yet another firmware upgrade problem

Reaction score
I have a new P3A. Tried to upgrade firmware to latest. The RC update went okay from the DJI Go app. Camera screen says update required for aircraft and batteries. Downloaded appropriate data from DJI site. Moved BIN file onto the root of the SD card. Inserted into aircraft and turned on. After a few seconds of warmup, the led on the gimbal shows steady green. Tried 2nd battery, same thing. Reformatted SD card and reinstalled fresh version of firmware update and . . . . you guessed it, nothing. Aircraft flies okay and records video on SD card. However, on status screen down at bottom where it shows the graphic for the memory card, it says "format i. . . " in red. I'm guessing it says format issue. Reformatted SD card several times and tried Fat 32 and exFat formats. Nothing, same as above. On camera screen is says "formatting suggested" with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside it. After all that, my question is do you all think I have a bad SD card? I'd hate to deal with DJI and Amazon as I really wouldn't want to return the whole package. Should I buy and try a new SD card? Comments and suggestions appreciated. Sorry for the long 1st post. Al

My problem has been fixed. I was attempting to install firmware for the Professional version of the Phantom while I have the Advanced version. Confusion arose when the file number I was looking at (1.6.0040) just happens to be the same version number for both models. Stupid is as stupid does.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj