Yet another firmware question

Reaction score
Hi all. Sunday I ordered my P3P...yippee! Should be here within a week. In the meantime I've been binge reading the forums and watching tutorial videos. I downloaded the new firmware ahead of time to my computer and extracted the bin file. I'm pretty sure I can do the sd card dance. But I won't know until it gets here what firm ware it's already loaded with. Correct me if I'm wrong: if the version is really old,will I have to go through the various versions until I get to the freshest? Or just load the newest? TIA :)

If you don't have 1.3.2 on your machine you will have to upgrade to that before you can go further. A bit of a hassle, but it's good practice....

Hi all. Sunday I ordered my P3P...yippee! Should be here within a week. In the meantime I've been binge reading the forums and watching tutorial videos. I downloaded the new firmware ahead of time to my computer and extracted the bin file. I'm pretty sure I can do the sd card dance. But I won't know until it gets here what firm ware it's already loaded with. Correct me if I'm wrong: if the version is really old,will I have to go through the various versions until I get to the freshest? Or just load the newest? TIA :)
Current FW update is an incremental update to 1.3.2 and not a full update. You need to go in steps.

Wish DJI releases full updates in future to avoid such issues.

Here's the new plan: when I get my bird, I'll see what it's got on it and let you guys tell me exactly what I need to do. OK? I don't trust me.:)

Here's the new plan: when I get my bird, I'll see what it's got on it and let you guys tell me exactly what I need to do. OK? I don't trust me.:)
Welcome

@Banderboy,
Welcome to the forum. You're in for some awesome fun.
Which Phantom 3 model have you ordered and which device are you planning on flying the drone with??

Enjoy your time on the forum and flying your new drone, it's quite an experience.

RedHotPoker

@Banderboy,
Welcome to the forum. You're in for some awesome fun.
Which Phantom 3 model have you ordered and which device are you planning on flying the drone with??

Enjoy your time on the forum and flying your new drone, it's quite an experience.

RedHotPoker
Thanks guys for the welcome! It's fun to be on an active forum with real enthusiasts.

I got the Pro. I snapped up a Black Friday special with the extra battery. Bought a Nexus 7 (2013) just for the Phantom. Got a good deal on it, so if at some point I upgrade I won't cry (much).
Lots of accessories tempting me. Next purchase- a case. Any experience with the little gimble holder/ lens cap dealie? I've seen them for less that $2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.