Reaction score
Looking to find out what I can do For Phantom 3 standard

I just bought a new remote It's doing the exact same thing as my old remote

So thats telling me it's not the remote
I can fly with camera view and phone for about 5 minutes or less
And then the camera shuts down and the remote turns red

I can still fly without camera just fine

When I go to turn my phone on wifey for the camera view the remote turns red

I was wondering if there is something inside the actual drone a wire loose or What color with the wire be that might be making the controller not connect to the drone

I have reset reconnected the remote several times and it turns green just fine

I use usB cable to charge the remote
But I don't actually connected to my phone and use it to fly with I didn't think you could with the 3 Standard

This is at start up to

some times it turns green then I wifi to my phone and it turns red

100% sure you phone is compatible ? I was using a galaxy 4 tablet would show my camera view fine while on the ground once I got out a few feet Id loose camera view on the tablet and had to rest everything. would happen every time I tried to fly with it I bought a better tablet and all is well now

Reactions: Duckydiver
Find a friend with a different phone or tablet. The app is free so have them download and see if it happens again. Sounds like a compatibility issue to me.

Ok so when I fly the phantom and the RC just the 2 of them the light on the RC stays green

Around and a round we go then when I wifi
My phone The RC turns red

Ok so when I fly the phantom and the RC just the 2 of them the light on the RC stays green

Around and a round we go then when I wifi
My phone The RC turns red
There are two sets of lights on the RC; Status LED and Battery Level Indicator. Which light(s) are turning red?

The light bar indicator for the batterys are green the big red and green light that switch back and forth between the red and green Stays green for a little while about 2 minutes and when I hook my phone to it It turns off
When my phones Not on wifi including my other Tablet is off also It will stay green in safe mode and fire around just fine it's when I hook my phone or tablet to its and know the wifey is not on at the same time in both Elektronik's

The light bar indicator for the batterys are green the big red and green light that switch back and forth between the red and green Stays green for a little while about 2 minutes and when I hook my phone to it It turns off
When my phones Not on wifi including my other Tablet is off also It will stay green in safe mode and fire around just fine it's when I hook my phone or tablet to its and know the wifey is not on at the same time in both Elektronik's

Are you receiving a video signal from the AC?

Only when my WiFi is connected
And then it turns red right after sometimes within 2 minutes
Solid Red would indicate a lost connection to the AC, but yet you say your connection is OK. Blinking red slowly is low battery on the remote.

Best to contact DJI, especially considering you have tested two separate remotes.

Last thing I would try is flying in a different area. In fact, no need to fly at all. Just take it somewhere else and try connecting.

I have taken it other places and it'll fly for about 10 minutes in the mountains of Cedar Wide open spaces But then it will say Disconnected and turn red

Do you know if there is a certain wire or wires in the actual drone that I can look at to see if come loose or not

your WIFI antennas connect inside the gimbal your control 5.8 is inside the AC if your comfortable removing the upper shell you can look in there just trace your antenna wires running in the landing gear to its connection Ill see if I can find the videos for the gimbal and upper shell disassembly it isn't hard. ill post them back to this post in an edit
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
posted you just need to make sure they are still connected up good so just follow the steps to see where the connections go to

Cool will do
thanks
for all the help

How do you feel about the mavick pro I'm going to go get one today Would anybody know if they any problems with then Have they worked all the bugs out

Reactions: epicdoom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers