yellow warning triangle

Reaction score
flying my phantom 2 ver. 2 with black pearl fpv and gopro hero 3+ silver, I get warning triangle when flying directly overhead at about 300m. Camera shuts off at that point. Other forums report loss of contact when flying overhead due to latest firmware. Any solutions?

dentadiveflyboy said:
flying my phantom 2 ver. 2 with black pearl fpv and gopro hero 3+ silver, I get warning triangle when flying directly overhead at about 300m. Camera shuts off at that point. Other forums report loss of contact when flying overhead due to latest firmware. Any solutions?

Seems there are always those who are willing to blame the latest firmware for their errors in bad judgement. :shock:

I'm guessing you have iOSD Mini fitted. If so, check your warning limits using the iOSD Assistant software.

If you see a flashing diamond at the very bottom of your screen it means compass calibration is needed.

no, compass was recalibrated just before flight. This was large solid yellow triangle, not flashing, with "USB...something...." message for about 2 sec, then static of poor reception, then normal video signal. Reviewing video from flight later, I noticed that the GoPro had shut off recording the flight at this point.

I have only had my new non phantom vision fpv set up for a short while on a test p2 with a gopro and video transmitter. But I have an osd mini and there are no warnings in that that would be any thing in color to be a yellow triangle. and not any thing I can think of at all that any video transmitter would have as any kind of a message or warning. But being you said the go pro cut off right about when this came one your screen Im wondering if it was some thing that came up on the gopros screen being it does have some things in the normal icons and such if you have the gopros osd turned on that are in color and any thing thats on the go pros screen gets sent out threw the video feed to you on the ground. So Im thinking maybe there was some sort of momentary usb connection issue and it flashed an icon up that then went away after the usb connection was making good contact again. I know with my go pro plugged in to the usb to the phantom any time I power up the phantom or down down it caused the camrea to flash a red led for a few seconds and turn on or off even tho I use the go pro with its battey in it.

I have flown several times since with no problems. My solution: reformat the microSD card. No more yellow warning triangles. Didn't change anything else. Phantom 2, Black Pearl, miniIOSD, GoPro Hero3+ silver, all the same, only formatted the card and I also bought a new card, 32GB and maybe that helped too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik