YELLOW FLASHING RC DISCONNECTION DURING FLIGHT

Reaction score
Im from crimea it was ukraine now its russia i bought new phantom 2 and first flight i got disconnected to RC thanks God fly home worked. Ok i did tx calibration imu calibration (basic and advanced) next time fly and again yellow in the air and no connection to rc/ fly home/// HELP ME PLEASE!! HERE THE VIDEO

How far away from you is it when disconnecting?

You may be in an area of great interference.

Were any objects in between you like trees, hills/mountains, buildings?

Im from crimea it was ukraine now its russia i bought new phantom 2 and first flight i got disconnected to RC thanks God fly home worked. Ok i did tx calibration imu calibration (basic and advanced) next time fly and again yellow in the air and no connection to rc/ fly home/// HELP ME PLEASE!! HERE THE VIDEO

You cannot calibrate the RC sticks and X1 when you have the computer connected to the Phantom. The same USB connector on the RC unit serves two purposes 1 to charge the RC battery and 2 to calibrate the sticks and X1 using the RC software. Then with the phantom connected to your computer and the RC unit turned on you will calibrate the sticks and X1 again.

Now what is happening with the LEDs turning from green to yellow once it's in the air and landing is that you are loosing satellites coverage. In your part of the world your GPS signal comes from the Russian satellites and is not fault of you P2. The problem you are having could just be your location but that is only my opinion maybe others in the Ukraine have a better explanation. One thing I did notice was the direction the antenna the RC unit was pointing straight out and that should pointed up at 45° angle.

Once you solve your GPS signal loss consider investing in a FPV (first person view) system and just having on screen telemetry would be a great help in solving problems like signal loss.

You cannot calibrate the RC sticks and X1 when you have the computer connected to the Phantom. The same USB connector on the RC unit serves two purposes 1 to charge the RC battery and 2 to calibrate the sticks and X1 using the RC software. Then with the phantom connected to your computer and the RC unit turned on you will calibrate the sticks and X1 again.

Now what is happening with the LEDs turning from green to yellow once it's in the air and landing is that you are loosing satellites coverage. In your part of the world your GPS signal comes from the Russian satellites and is not fault of you P2. The problem you are having could just be your location but that is only my opinion maybe others in the Ukraine have a better explanation. One thing I did notice was the direction the antenna the RC unit was pointing straight out and that should pointed up at 45° angle.

Once you solve your GPS signal loss consider investing in a FPV (first person view) system and just having on screen telemetry would be a great help in solving problems like signal loss.

Definately pointing the antenna at the drone is the worst case scenario.

As far as GPS...
"In your part of the world your GPS signal comes from the Russian satellites and is not fault of you P2. "

This is not true... it's impossible,
The uBlox engine in the P1 & 2 are GPS only.

Definately pointing the antenna at the drone is the worst case scenario.

As far as GPS...
"In your part of the world your GPS signal comes from the Russian satellites and is not fault of you P2. "

This is not true... it's impossible,
The uBlox engine in the P1 & 2 are GPS only.

Where do you think the P3 is getting all of its GPS signals from. It was designed with both GPS and GLONASS systems.
Glonass is the Russian system.Your right I didn't about the frequency their satellites operate on (l1 1602Mhzand L2 1246Mhz) and the P2 is on 1575.42Mhz. Oh well can't be right all the time.

I agree that it's more than likely his problem may have been caused by the direction of the antenna but then who knows neither of us lives there. Now do we??

Last edited:
s2 is also in down position in video but cant see where s1 is
does p2 have beginer mode or only naza mode ?

Phantom mode is basically a beginners mode.

Where do you think the P3 is getting all of its GPS signals from. It was designed with both GPS and GLONASS systems.
Glonass is the Russian system.You'll have to scan through the info but it's there. Not impossible at all!!
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/flight-system

I agree that it's more than likely his problem may have been caused by the direction of the antenna but then who knows neither of us lives there. Now do we??
but its a p2 with gps only ?

Yes it is. My error. I assumed not thinking about the frequency that Glonass operates on.

s2 is also in down position in video but cant see where s1 is
does p2 have beginer mode or only naza mode ?
s1 s2 are in most upper position and i fly in phantom mode!! i ll try to pisition antena sidewards!!!

THANK U FOLKS FOR ADVISES I"LL RETRY AND WRIGHT HERE WHAT HAPPENED

thank u for reply!!! i"m a bit confused and misled with sats coverage and my location and russian sats (what sats have somthing to do with rc connection???) (GPS signal loss)? its rc signal loss i assume...!!! gps is ok workin coz its coming home after breach with rc/// maybe i m wrong i dont know... give me the wright clue please!
And again thank u all for replyes!!

In your original post you said: "thanks God fly home worked".

This indicates that you have no GPS issues as it is required to find it's way home.

thank u mate but i tryed it too no succes i'm going fly and 2 mins later breach///

hi yanborisov :) Welcome to the forum. ;) Have you tried to fly your P2 in any different locations? Are you located in the city or out in the country? Is there anything around you (power lines for example) that could be causing interference?

~Duke

I had a problem just like this, after connecting my controller to the phantom software I found out that the s1 switch on my controller was faulty, even though it was in the up most position the switch would periodically act like I switched it to the down most position causing my p2 to activate the RTH feature

So stick and X1 calibration needs to be done twice?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj