Yellow flashing lights

Reaction score
After downloading the NASA Assistant Software and going through the initializing process, I finally got my phantom up and flying and went through all the tutorials...what a blast...I recently up graded the NASA software and when I went to do a test flight yesterday and connected according to the directions but, after connecting the battery, and initializing, I got yellow rapid flashing lights and ABSOLUTELY NO connectivity to the transmitter...I disconnected and reconnected several times...still nothing.

I looked at the DJI FAQ's and found:
The TX signal is lost.
1. Check that the transmitter is switched on and works normally.
2. Check that the receiver and the main controller are connected correctly.
3. Check that the receiver setting is correct in the assistant software.

The Transmitter is switched on but does not work...I went through the tutorial on pairing the transmitter several times...still no control...So, I connected back to the NASA Assistant and tried to calibrate several times but it indicates that I have an issue with my T...I have no control over the joy sticks - but I never had control like the video...all the other indicators are green... I've looked online for fixes and all of them indicate its an onboard controller issue and to bring it back to the place I bought it...Samy's Camera said they don't service the Phantom and I should send it back to the manufacturer...one post indicated that he opened the body and saw that there were some wires 'pinched' inside then he hooked it up to a different computer and connected to the NASA Assistant and everything is fine, now...so I opened my rig and checked all the wires...nothing appears to be loose and nothing appears to be pinched. I turned the Transmitter on and connected the battery and same thing...flashing yellow lights...so I tried pairing the transmitter again...again, flashing yellow lights...I'm hoping there is a solution here and figured I'd go directly to you to see what you suggest...thanks,

Did you apply the Phantom Default Parameters file you were supposed to do after the firmware upgrade?

CPMeister said:
After downloading the NASA Assistant Software and going through the initializing process, I finally got my phantom up and flying and went through all the tutorials...what a blast...I recently up graded the NASA software and when I went to do a test flight yesterday and connected according to the directions but, after connecting the battery, and initializing, I got yellow rapid flashing lights and ABSOLUTELY NO connectivity to the transmitter...I disconnected and reconnected several times...still nothing.

I looked at the DJI FAQ's and found:
The TX signal is lost.
1. Check that the transmitter is switched on and works normally.
2. Check that the receiver and the main controller are connected correctly.
3. Check that the receiver setting is correct in the assistant software.

The Transmitter is switched on but does not work...I went through the tutorial on pairing the transmitter several times...still no control...So, I connected back to the NASA Assistant and tried to calibrate several times but it indicates that I have an issue with my T...I have no control over the joy sticks - but I never had control like the video...all the other indicators are green... I've looked online for fixes and all of them indicate its an onboard controller issue and to bring it back to the place I bought it...Samy's Camera said they don't service the Phantom and I should send it back to the manufacturer...one post indicated that he opened the body and saw that there were some wires 'pinched' inside then he hooked it up to a different computer and connected to the NASA Assistant and everything is fine, now...so I opened my rig and checked all the wires...nothing appears to be loose and nothing appears to be pinched. I turned the Transmitter on and connected the battery and same thing...flashing yellow lights...so I tried pairing the transmitter again...again, flashing yellow lights...I'm hoping there is a solution here and figured I'd go directly to you to see what you suggest...thanks,
Go back into the software and select DBUS rather than PPM for receiver type. Worked for me.

Had not, will try to upload the parameters and will the other choices for Transmitter...though I'm pretty sure it's PPM...

Thanks, Charlie

"IMPORTANT info for new owners of Version 1.1.1 Phantoms!
Myself and at least one other V1.1.1 owner that I know of ran into the same problem when upgrading our new Phantoms to firmware version 4.0.
You must select D-BUS as receiver type or you'll get the yellow flashing LED indicating loss of Tx signal
depends on which Tx/Rx you have. Up until very recently at least the stock setting is PPM unless you have a 3rd party Tx/Rx then you might select D-Bus. But with the stock radio gear PPM is the default option"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav