Yellow blinks constantly DJI phantom

Reaction score
When I bought the DJI the Phantom had no issues.

Now I installed a gimbal underneath it and did the firmware update. When I want to start flying it will always blink yellow for about 3 minutes before it starts blinking red and green. I can do nothing during these 3 minutes.

I saw something that it could be that the phantom is warming up. But that's weird because before the firmware update and gimball placement it was ready in a few seconds.

Does anyone know what kind of problem it is? Thank you.

Its not a problem just normal imu warm up with new software,, just like the two green blinks now when sticks are not centered, new take off and throttle control,, read up on the forums will help.

But If I clock the time the yellow light is blinking before I can do anything, I count about 180 seconds. Thats very long right? Does everyone have to wait about 3 minutes before they can start flying with their phantom?

I am using this flight during an event and it should be ready within a few seconds (like it was before).

Waiting time from 10seconds to 180 seconds is not really an improvement in the firmware.

I also put a gimbal underneath it the same time as I did the update. Is there a change that a connector is loose or anything?

my warm up time is very short.
However my coworker has a phantom too, and his takes a couple minutes.

we are both on the same firmware version, so not sure what the issue is.
I did buy mine a few weeks after his. Not sure if there is any hardware that could be different.

bulleteater said:
When I want to start flying it will always blink yellow for about 3 minutes before it starts blinking red and green. Does anyone know what kind of problem it is? Thank you.

This excerpt from the NAZA Quick Start Guide may be relevent:

"If the warm up waiting is longer than 2 minutes (the 4 time Yellow blink continues), please power off for 10 minutes, cold start, and then connect the assistant software, enter the "Tools" > IMU calibration, carry out the Advanced calibration."

Of course, it also may NOT be relevant, since I don't think DJI keeps their documentation current with updates. YMMV.

Thanks, I've been searching here and there, finally found this way saved my Phantom :) make sure 10 minutes is 10 minutes, no less.

Racklefratz said:
This excerpt from the NAZA Quick Start Guide may be relevent:

"If the warm up waiting is longer than 2 minutes (the 4 time Yellow blink continues), please power off for 10 minutes, cold start, and then connect the assistant software, enter the "Tools" > IMU calibration, carry out the Advanced calibration."

Of course, it also may NOT be relevant, since I don't think DJI keeps their documentation current with updates. YMMV.

Thanks, I've been searching here and there, finally found this way saved my Phantom :) make sure 10 minutes is 10 minutes, no less.
How would it know if you cheated on the time ? Would it punish the impatient humans with faulty calibrations out of
pure spite. :evil:

Also if you forget to turn your radio on it will just flash yelloe until you realise this, I did do this on one or 2 occasions wondering why it was taking so long. :oops:

My first start is generally a little slow and getting slower as its getting colder outside now that its winter, when I do a battery change every other flight just goes straight to acquiring satellites and is ready to go in about 15-30 seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair