yellow blinking led warmup time

Reaction score
Hi, last 6 or 7 times i used my pantom 1 it took a very long time to warm up, i don't know if it's normal or not, next time i use it i'll try to mesure it, but i's definitely more than 2 minutes, can you please tell me for how much time do you get yellow blinking led before you can start the rotors?

Reactions: Shield2160
I get red and green blinking lights only yellow when not in gps mode. Calibrate the compus then try it.

I'm speaking before filght, every time you attach the battery it takes a while before you can start the rotors, in that wile it makes a sequence of 4 fast blinking yellow lights, my problem is that it takes a long time before allowing me to start the rotors, after that, while flying everything works fine...

Are you turning on your controller before connecting the battery to the phantom? with HL switch off and gps on and compus calibrated you should not be getting a yellow flashing light.

Hi, last 6 or 7 times i used my pantom 1 it took a very long time to warm up, i don't know if it's normal or not, next time i use it i'll try to mesure it, but i's definitely more than 2 minutes, can you please tell me for how much time do you get yellow blinking led before you can start the rotors?
I also noticed that it takes at least 60 seconds before my IMU warms up. Whats the deal?

I also noticed that it takes at least 60 seconds before my IMU warms up. Whats the deal?
Welcome to the forum
What bird are you flying ?
Not sure what you mean sorta look at it as a cell phone when you first turn it on it takes little time before you can use it . It has to find service and position the phantom is doing the same thing . You can not turn it on and fly or you will lose your bird relax let it warm up if it is taking awhile it's probably not finding sats . If you just want to turn it on and fly learn manual mode .

You need to do an IMU calibration by chilling the main part of your Phantom before doing the calibration. There have been several posts about that.

Some folks place it under an air-conditioner, others use a cold patio at night. I use the refrigerator method (that many don't like). But I'm a long-time techie who worked with timing equipment at ski races in another life, and therefore have no fear of cold electronics under the proper circumstances. Fridges are not below freezing and are not that damp.

Anyway, forgetting about all that -- find a video or detailed instructions before trying it.

The calibration itself is not complicated. But it needs to be done immediately after chilling, on an absolutely level (using a good carpenter's level) surface, with no accidental bumping or other disturbances. It takes about 10 minutes.

After that, you'll have no (or very short) warm up times!

And there's no need to do it often. Just after taking a trip where the Phantom might have been jarred, or if it's flying oddly when everything else seems normal. And after a firmware update, too.

Last edited:
I'm flying the Phantom 3 professional. Just wasn't sure if it was normal for the IMU to take a minute or 2 to warm up. But after reading more I realize that this is normal. I lock onto about 14 satellites from the field where I fly.
Thank you for your response.

I'm flying the Phantom 3 professional. Just wasn't sure if it was normal for the IMU to take a minute or 2 to warm up. But after reading more I realize that this is normal. I lock onto about 14 satellites from the field where I fly.
Thank you for your response.
You are correct. But it's a function of the outdoor temperature vs. the temperature at which you last calibrated the IMU. During warm summer days, there can be almost no warm-up times if your calibration was reasonably chilly. As long as it's flying smoothly and you're happy, it's good!

Reactions: Shield2160

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl