Yaw mod switch - Best position

Reaction score
There are a number of mod suggestions for dropping a pair of resistors into the yaw circuit (and crucially) making this optional by having them go through a switch which either bypasses or shorts out the resistors.

Some of these mods suggest mounting the DPDT switch in the front centre of the receiver case (near the DJI logo).

I am due to add a Black Pearl monitor to my receiver at some point soon, and it occured to me that having a switch in the suggested position might not be the most accessible place to get to.

Has anyone done such a mod and who uses a monitor ?

What is the best postion for a third switch (or pot)

Thanks

Agreed.

Go fly with your intended setup and see what is best for you based on how you hold and manipulate the controls.

Well that might not be great if I end up with a receiver case which looks like a colendar :D

I was simply asking; does anyone else find that fitting a switch in that position is usuable with an FPV monitor. I dont know because I dont have a monitor yet. My guess is not.

Hughie said:
Well that might not be great if I end up with a receiver case which looks like a colendar :D

I was simply asking; does anyone else find that fitting a switch in that position is usuable with an FPV monitor. I dont know because I dont have a monitor yet. My guess is not.
Everyone's arrangement will be different. Just find a spot that is comfortable to you.

BTW - I am getting a few prototype PCBs that makes the yaw mod a plug-in kit - no soldering. It also adds a "descend" switch so that I can make nice smooth pedestal shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20