Yaw drift problem with stock Tx - any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi Newbie to this forum here, many thanks for all your posts, they've been very helpful. I'm having 2 issues:
1. I get a slight yaw drift (counterclockwise). Since I have the stock Tx I can't trim it. Any ideas on how to fix this? I did upgrade to the Naza 3.12, and like the smoother and steadier flight characteristics. I've tried calibrating several times, both the quad and the TX, and of course calibrated the compass several times, but nothing seems to help. I also have a Sony Rx-100 on it, which is of course on the edge of the payload range, but ****, the video is incredible. In fact, the extra weight smooths out the quad's overall handling quite a bit. Has anyone tried to fudge the leveling of the unit when calibrating... that's about the only thing i can think of, but I'm doubtful that will help since level shouldn't really affect the yaw... right?

2. Ever since the upgrade to Naza 3.12 it takes much longer for the IMU to warm up... sometimes 2-3 minutes. Is this normal?

I've been flying small single rotors for a couple fo years, but the Phantom is my first quad; for AP or AV it's an amazingly steady platform, especially for the money. I can already tell that I'll probably upgrade eventually to FPV, then a larger heli for cameras like the 5D, a new TX, etc. :mrgreen:

BTW, if anyone ever needs info on the Sony or other semi-pro shooting, I'd be happy to share what I've learned. After a couple of weeks of trial and error I've been able to use it on some of my professional shoots, so I think I've got it working fairly well, at least for the time being. Thanks!

RE: from Manual Specifications: Hovering Accuracy (GPS Mode) Vertical: ± 0.8m. Horizontal: ± 2.5m

You may want to check your CG too but slightly yaw or drift is normal so is the 2-3 minutes warm up, especially in cold weather but if you get to the second flight and change the packs fast then the warm up time should be much less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers