Yaw Arm wiggles at shafts for Yaw motor

Reaction score
I hope my description is accurate.
Where the top of the Yaw Arm connects, there's a set screw that tightens on a flat sided shaft, which I believe is the Yaw motor shaft.
Anyway, there is some play or wiggle at that point.
I noticed my gimbal shaking last week (a day or so prior to a crash) while hovering at eye level, which I thought seemed odd.
Now I'm replacing the gimbal ribbon cable, and notice what looks to me like an abnormal amount of play. Wondering if this looks abnormal to anyone else.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a gimbal thats apart at home, once I get there ill see if mine has any play with/without the cover on.

I hope my description is accurate.
Where the top of the Yaw Arm connects, there's a set screw that tightens on a flat sided shaft, which I believe is the Yaw motor shaft.
Anyway, there is some play or wiggle at that point.
I noticed my gimbal shaking last week (a day or so prior to a crash) while hovering at eye level, which I thought seemed odd.
Now I'm replacing the gimbal ribbon cable, and notice what looks to me like an abnormal amount of play. Wondering if this looks abnormal to anyone else.

Think once the set screw is in, there should not be any wiggle :)

Does it wiggle like that once the cover is back on?
Yes, I actually noticed the wiggle before disassembly

Think once the set screw is in, there should not be any wiggle :)

Let's say the set screw is at 12 o'clock, the wobble is from 9 to 3.
I can agree that tightening the set screw may reduce the wobble, I would think that from the factory, the Yaw Arm would slide on the shaft with very little play....less that what my video shows.
The set screw wasn't even very tight. I didn't have the correct size allen wrench, and was able to loosen the set screw with an Allen wrench slightly larger than the set screw.
I may try to shim this a little.

Yes, I actually noticed the wiggle before disassembly

Let's say the set screw is at 12 o'clock, the wobble is from 9 to 3.
I can agree that tightening the set screw may reduce the wobble, I would think that from the factory, the Yaw Arm would slide on the shaft with very little play....less that what my video shows.
The set screw wasn't even very tight. I didn't have the correct size allen wrench, and was able to loosen the set screw with an Allen wrench slightly larger than the set screw.
I may try to shim this a little.

You may want to get some threadlock and apply it to the screw as well to hold it in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie