Yaw arm/ gimbal will not return to center postion

Reaction score
I crashed my p3p and broke the yaw arm, so I replaced the yaw arm. I followed a step by step youtube video on replacing it. After i got the camera and gimbal back on the drone and powered it up i noticed the camera is always looking to the side. I tried an IMU calibration and a gimbal calibration and still nothing. I don't know if i messed something up when putting it back together or what. Here is a video excuse the poor quality but hopefully this explains it better! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Photo on 9-28-16 at 9.36 PM.jpg
    Photo on 9-28-16 at 9.36 PM.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 440
Reactions: Andpao13
If it is bent be careful where you get a new one. It has to have the magnet on it. Most new yaw motors don't have the magnet. It is very hard to remove the old one and if you do it has to be put back on exactly the same . See if you can find a good used one.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for the reply! I have noticed when I clip the gimbal base cover on to the circuit bored that is when it gets pulled to the left if I pop that off it spins freely and there is no issue. But as soon as i clip the cover on and tighten the 4 screws that is when it gets held over to the left

Yes it is bent then. Other than that, does everything else work on it? Video etc? It must have hit hard. Try "hunch" on here to get a replacement with a magnet. FStop sells them too. I put up a post showing how to get the magnet off

yea everything else works great! And yea it took a good hit.... broke the yaw arm, and base cover. Where did you post the video getting the magnet off?
Thanks for your help Ted!

yea everything else works great! And yea it took a good hit.... broke the yaw arm, and base cover. Where did you post the video getting the magnet off?
Thanks for your help Ted!
It was on here but not a video just instructions. You are better off finding one with the magnet. If you get it on wrong it will swing to the left or right. Contact hunch who is on here

If you can't find one let me know. I will find it for you. Just be sure it has a magnet. I am on vacation but I am sure I have one. I will be back on Oct 12th.

Replaced the yaw-motor, and now gimbal only moves between center and far left. As you pointed out, the magnet might be screwed up or missing.
Any procedures or Pictures which might point me into the right direction on how to align the magnets?

Thanks

Can you pinpoint me to the magnet? I am not exactly sure what I am looking for :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4