Xoar wooden prop test, number one...

Reaction score
I purchased, installed and flew with the new Xoar wooden props today. They are a bit expensive but I have to say I was impressed with them. (I have no affiliation with anyone but myself! This is a hobby for me and I try to share my experiences. That's it, that's all.) I've learned so very much from others here that I feel an obligation to share my findings with those that have so graciously shared theirs with me. If it wasn't for the pioneers on this board that shared so much with me, I wouldn't be flying today.

Jerry

Reactions: Ed209
What are your findings? Why were you so impressed with these props?

What are your findings? Why were you so impressed with these props?

Al,

At this early stage, just what I noted in the video clip. They appear to be very well made. They seemed to fit well. Some have said they are quieter, I don't think they are really quieter but they have a different sound. A deeper sound. In this short first test, the bird felt a bit more steady and maybe a little more agile. I'll have to fly with them for a few weeks to get a real feel for them.

This is the first time I've ever used any props other than the OEM's so I was a bit nervous even taking off with them. We'll see how they perform and hold up over time.

Jerry

Al,

At this early stage, just what I noted in the video clip. They appear to be very well made. They seemed to fit well. Some have said they are quieter, I don't think they are really quieter but they have a different sound. A deeper sound. In this short first test, the bird felt a bit more steady and maybe a little more agile. I'll have to fly with them for a few weeks to get a real feel for them.

This is the first time I've ever used any props other than the OEM's so I was a bit nervous even taking off with them. We'll see how they perform and hold up over time.

Jerry
I am tempted to buy one / two sets for my experimentation now :) Something more to buy now and experiment. I always love the feelings of being closer to wood. I would love the props even if they are good for my showcase.

Reactions: Jtrjr and Numone
Jerry,

Any update on the Xoar props? They are finally back in stock and I just ordered a set but, now I realized that they are 9560 (9.5" in diameter, 6 pitch) and the DJI stock are 9450 (9" diameter 4.5 pitch); Is that true, or a typo? Aren't 9.5" props too long for the P3P?

The 9450s are 9.4" x 5.0 pitch.

What are the parameters you used to determine that these props are better for a Phantom than DJI props?

Or, What improvements are you expecting?

I love the fact that wood still has so many uses. All the modern materials and wood is still used for so many things.
Just one thing though. When taking a film with your phone please hold it horizontally. That way you get to see the whole image not just a narrow strip. Why do so many people get that wrong?

Jerry,
Any update on the Xoar props?

Ski,

Not really, between the weather and personal obligations I haven't put much time on them. Before I did my first few flights I looked them over pretty good. They seem to be very close to the stock parameters and are not longer than the stock props.

The single thing I don't like so far is that the cap nuts that secure the props have no washer or circular base on them. I regularly remove my props and I think this may cause some markings, possibly some deformation with regular removal and reinstallation.

Short of that, I really don't have much to report.

Jerry

Just one thing though. When taking a film with your phone please hold it horizontally. That way you get to see the whole image not just a narrow strip. Why do so many people get that wrong?

Wibble,

I would have loved to provide a landscape example but I don't think I'm talented enough to do so. It was everything I could do to operate the RC, hold and record with the phone and keep an eye on the bird at the same time. It was a bit challenging for me.:)

Jerry

Wibble,

I would have loved to provide a landscape example but I don't think I'm talented enough to do so. It was everything I could do to operate the RC, hold and record with the phone and keep an eye on the bird at the same time. It was a bit challenging for me.:)

Jerry

Lol
Jeryy not having a go at you personally I just see so so many videos on Youtube where people don't hold the phone on it's side.
When you are using your phone as a camera hold it like a camera! When you are making a call hold it like a phone!
It is a pet peeve of mine I am just trying to educate the World..........

Reactions: Jtrjr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20