X1 Tilt

Reaction score
I've copied this across from a post I did in another thread on here. No response there, so will try here instead.

I recently upgraded my assistant software and RC controller software to the latest versions.<br /><br />The Phantom flies fine , BUT the H33D gimbal tilt doesn't work anymore.<br /><br />I have tried the X1 calibration in the Assistant software but the slider won't move and is coloured red. If I hit reverse or norm, the gimbal does move so the receiver port is working and transmitting. I have also opened up the Tx and used a screwdriver in the potentiometer so I know it is not the switch that's not connecting with the potentiometer either.<br /><br />My feeling is that it might be a software problem to do with the upgrade on the DJ6 controller I'm using. After the upgrade the light on it turned from red to green and it now beeps when I turn it on. I'm aware of the other thread about this issue but crucially that Phantom doesn't seem to work - mine does fly perfectly and only the gimbal tilt is affected.<br /><br />Any help would be gratefully received.<br/>

Select upgrade mode in the phantom assist and see moves.

Before I sell a DJ6 I do a pretty through test and examination process. I use the DJI RC System Assistant 1.1 and sometimes when I first test a DJ6 it is not going from 1000 to 1000. When that happens I click on the calibration button and follow the instructions to calibrate the sticks, AND HERE IS THE TRICK, before pushing "FINISH" move the gimbal slider back and forth a couple times, it won't show that it travels far at all, might be very little like 100 - 250 even though you move it the entire amount it Can be moved. after doing that a couple times leave it all the way to one side. Click on the finish button and then try moving the gimbal slider and quite often if now moves from 1000 to 1000.
good luck
Craig

volens31 said:
I've copied this across from a post I did in another thread on here. No response there, so will try here instead.

I recently upgraded my assistant software and RC controller software to the latest versions.<br /><br />The Phantom flies fine , BUT the H33D gimbal tilt doesn't work anymore.<br /><br />I have tried the X1 calibration in the Assistant software but the slider won't move and is coloured red. If I hit reverse or norm, the gimbal does move so the receiver port is working and transmitting. I have also opened up the Tx and used a screwdriver in the potentiometer so I know it is not the switch that's not connecting with the potentiometer either.<br /><br />My feeling is that it might be a software problem to do with the upgrade on the DJ6 controller I'm using. After the upgrade the light on it turned from red to green and it now beeps when I turn it on. I'm aware of the other thread about this issue but crucially that Phantom doesn't seem to work - mine does fly perfectly and only the gimbal tilt is affected.<br /><br />Any help would be gratefully received.<br/>

volens31 said:
Ok cheers Craig, my x1 slider doesn't move at all though.

Did you try my above method? If you are getting absolutely no response maybe open the DJ6 up and make sure that the Gimbal control lever is properly working the pot inside. Maybe test it with the DJ6 open using a screw driver to turn the pot. If your DJ6 gimbal control does not work, I do sell new DJ6's that I guarantee to work.
Craig

volens31 said:
Ok thanks, not sure what you mean by upgrade mode....?

Get the RC assist and do all calibrations for all switches and do hit finish until you move all slides and switches.
Get on the latest 3.6 phantom assist. Look for calibration tab. Calibrate and select "upgrade mode". This will make the movement of the gimbal relative.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20