X1/Pitch Control not working :(

Reaction score
So I feel like a sad panda today. I finally got my gopro hero 3+ black and Zenmuse and connected it to my P2. I followed the video guide instructions on getting this put together and it seems to be on right. I then updated the firmware on the Zenmuse and made sure all my P2 and RC where updated.

I first went into RC to calibrate the sticks then into the assistant to try to calibrate the x1 but not matter what I do it doesnt move. I tried several combos of this and yet been able to adjust the pitch. The camera is stable but no pitch control. On the back of the RC unit does the switch give a slight resistance to moving or is it easy? Some people who had this issue said it was something broke in the controller. Others never figured it out.

Thoughts?

[SOLVED]
This solved it for me, with a bit of care I was able to raise this chip a bit so the contact started working.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/UJLIHm2m90E

If it is really loose the you will need to take apart controler and realign the rod that rotates the control.

the SOLUTION that works :)

Adding My two cents: I got the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal and it worked fine after putting it together. But then after I Upgraded the firmware on the Phantom and it's transmitter, the pitch control for the gimbal stopped working.

What I did wrong: I did the Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the CORRECT ORDER (steps 1 thru 4) including calibrations as follows below:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate it..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate it as well.

UFOwithaGoPro said:
Adding My two cents: I got the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal and it worked fine after putting it together. But then after I Upgraded the firmware on the Phantom and it's transmitter, the pitch control for the gimbal stopped working.

What I did wrong: I did the Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the CORRECT ORDER (steps 1 thru 4) including calibrations as follows below:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate it..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate it as well.

wow thank you mine was and has been working fine ever since i got it but just re updated as i changed to naza and it stopped i was freaking out but you have just saved me i will turn it into a video for youtube thanks

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
UFOwithaGoPro said:

wow thank you mine was and has been working fine ever since i got it but just re updated as i changed to naza and it stopped i was freaking out but you have just saved me i will turn it into a video for youtube thanks

I am very glad this helps you...and yes Please spread the word via youtube so this problem does not affect other phantom/zenmuse owners.

So it turns out my issue is the controller itself. I had to press very hard on the back for it to move the camera.. Any idea's on how to fix this? I opened it up and their is this cross screw that doesn't seem to be touching fully to the switch that turns the gimbal.

stevet said:
So it turns out my issue is the controller itself. I had to press very hard on the back for it to move the camera.. Any idea's on how to fix this? I opened it up and their is this cross screw that doesn't seem to be touching fully to the switch that turns the gimbal.

You have to carefully align the lever link to the pot on the board and then reseal the Tx. Check your work in the RC Assistant.

stevet said:

There had been an early problem with some units where the Gimbal control switch was not reaching the reostat screw inside the remote control transmitter or just not being properly lined. Call DJI customer service and they will give you recommendations up to and including just shipping it to them and they will repair it for you and send it back. Turn-around time is supposed to be about 3weeks.

DJI Customer service 1-818-235-0789 (it should tell you how many callers are ahead of you)

stevet said:
So I feel like a sad panda today. I finally got my gopro hero 3+ black and Zenmuse and connected it to my P2. I followed the video guide instructions on getting this put together and it seems to be on right. I then updated the firmware on the Zenmuse and made sure all my P2 and RC where updated.

I first went into RC to calibrate the sticks then into the assistant to try to calibrate the x1 but not matter what I do it doesnt move. I tried several combos of this and yet been able to adjust the pitch. The camera is stable but no pitch control. On the back of the RC unit does the switch give a slight resistance to moving or is it easy? Some people who had this issue said it was something broke in the controller. Others never figured it out.

Thoughts?

Hmm, it sounds like your screw is a little too short. Contact your dealer, see if they can get you a replacement.

nintendrone64 said:
stevet said:

Thoughts?

Hmm, it sounds like your screw is a little too short. Contact your dealer, see if they can get you a replacement.

Was on hold for almost 2 hrs with DJI before someone answered, not much they can do over the phone but you can send in your unit and loose it for 3 weeks. I contacted my dealer told them the issue and they are sending me a new controller.. Lets hope this one works and in the mean time I can still fly around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4