X1 Gimbal Pitch in PV ?

Reaction score
Hi, Someone tried to calibrate the pitch control X1 additional channel for use in PV to move the camera as the 7th Channel in Phantom 1 ?. in assistent software and RC show this option: I want control the pitch not with phone....

Pitch1.jpg

Pitch2.jpg

Pitch3.jpg

I just tried this yesterday when I fitted the tilt lever to my tx in the hopes it would work. Form what I can find on the net; this isn't an option but hopefully a firmware update will allow it!

The dronexpert.nl gimbal appears to have found out how to activate this channel for tilt control on the Vision. Units are shipping soon, with a few members having pre-ordered. Once they have them hopefully it will give an insight into how we might be able to get the 7th channel operational...

Pull_Up said:
The dronexpert.nl gimbal appears to have found out how to activate this channel for tilt control on the Vision. Units are shipping soon, with a few members having pre-ordered. Once they have them hopefully it will give an insight into how we might be able to get the 7th channel operational...

Or they could be using a P2 model with a vision camera attached because we know the firmware in a P2 allows the tilt lever to work but as far as my recent tinkering with the assistant software suggests; it's not possible in the PV yet.
If that is what DronExpert have done then That is a cheeky way to of advertising capabilities but I see why they would do it; they'd know having tilt control via the lever (rather than the app) would be a big selling point.... Time will tell my growing skepticism.

No, the channel works in the Vision in NAZAM mode in the sense that you can see it moving in the Assistant if you twiddle the pot with a screwdriver. What it doesn't do is tilt the stock gimbal. So either the signal is sent down to the stock servo but ignored by it or they've used one of the empty plugs on the Vision main board (the one marked Zenmuse, perhaps?). Shouldn't be long now before our members get theirs and can tell us once and for all!

Just a thought (please do not shoot me down in flames as I am an ignorant newbie and this might have been mentioned before) but maybe the way they have done this is by using software. The Dutch guys make a play about not having to do surgery to your PV2 so perhaps you have to use their software to activate it. If this is the case I, for one, would be a bit cautious as I know from experience that patching someone else's code can cause gremlins.

Rotorpixel say this
"Completely plug-and-play. Just connect the vibration damping balls together, and plug in 2 cables. No soldering or opening the Phantom necessary. You also need to go into the Assistant software and change the gimbal gain settings, since you don't want the standard gimbal correction signals (meant for the stock pitch servo) to be sent to the gimbal control board."
Is this the answer ?

Pull_Up said:
No, the channel works in the Vision in NAZAM mode in the sense that you can see it moving in the Assistant if you twiddle the pot with a screwdriver. What it doesn't do is tilt the stock gimbal. So either the signal is sent down to the stock servo but ignored by it or they've used one of the empty plugs on the Vision main board (the one marked Zenmuse, perhaps?). Shouldn't be long now before our members get theirs and can tell us once and for all!

I'm betting that it is plugged into the NAZA-M already and the P2V Gimbal just ignores it. I think if we took off the P2V camera and put a regular gimbal on there it would work with tilt control. The only thing we might need is a wiring adapter if even that. Should be soon when the RotoPixel & Dutch Gimbal start shipping and we see how it is wired. Then it is probably just finding how it is wired before we can all start messing with the cheapo gimbals and mounting our P2V cameras to them.

Pull_Up said:

Hmmm I hope your right Pull Up, but I can't shake the feeling that it will be reliant on a firmware change in the PV main board that will allow the X1 channel to control the gimbal (any gimbal). Let's see what DronExpert and Rotor pixel come up with in the next 10 days. Who knows (other than DJI), the next firmware upgrade may release this feature along with the way pointing!!
Cheers,
Morgan (aka skeptic)

Just having a think about this

On a P2 with a Zenmuse, the gimbal control is switched to off, as it is for servo driven gimbals only.

I guess the GCU on the Zenmuse or Alexmos controller on other units takes over for stability.

Perhaps when set to off, the signal wire to the original PV2 changes to allow the signal to
be read by a brushless gimbal controller, allowing use of the pitch on the 7th channel.

I am half asleep, so may be thinking rubbish :)

Found this on DJIGuys.com and it worked for my PV. The tilt function in DJI app no longer works, but it tilts with X1 lever now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar

Good news is that even on the PV, when you still have the DJI camera attached you can tilt the gimbal with this software. Selected H2 and the camera worked. but the tilt option is frozen ouon the camera, but worked on the back channel.., if you use the channel on the back of the receiver it worked good...

Just done a test with the DJi app on Iphone, the camera still works, and data is still being fed, buy you can not tilt the camera with the H2 mode, you can with the back channel which for me is better as you dont have to tilt is with the Iphone and can keep better control on the machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues