X1 controlling roll and not pitch on Zenmuse?

Reaction score
Hey all,

May be a bit pre-mature asking this question, but I got my Phantom 2 on friday and have been messing with it this weekend, setting it up and upgrading all the firmware and doing the calibrations and such. I don't have my Go-Pro yet (arrives this thursday), but I figured I would go ahead and attach the gimbal just to verify everything worked (not going to fly it, just wanted to verify the Zenmuse wasn't dead on arrival). So I turn it on (no go pro), and it makes a violent vibration. If I put my finger under one side to hold the gimbal level, it will do the same thing, but function for a bit, then turn off (hibernation because of imbalance?). The problem I'm noticing is that when it is functioning, my X1 on my controller is forcing it rotate the roll axis and not the pitch of the Zenmuse. Is this just because it doesn't have the GoPro hooked up, or did a I something wrong with the calibration? Or is something internal screwed up? This is the Zenmuse for the Phantom 2 (just plug in the cable and go). Is it possible that it is wired wrong?

You should calibrate when you have the gopro attached, if not you could damage the gimbal.

juche1777 said:
You should calibrate when you have the gopro attached, if not you could damage the gimbal.

Noted. I took it off and am waiting on the go pro to show up. Still has me worried that the X1 seemed to be controlling roll and not pitch

Any thoughts on why the X1 channel would control roll on the gimbal and not pitch? Or could it just be because it doesn't have the Gopro on it and its screwing it up?

I would hook the gopro up and then see what it's doing. It needs to have the weight of the camera on it to function properly. You will also need to make sure you have the latest firmware on the RC (1.0.1.12) and calibrate the X1. My gimbal would only face straight down to 45 degrees before I updated the firmware.

BadassBlaze said:
Any thoughts on why the X1 channel would control roll on the gimbal and not pitch? Or could it just be because it doesn't have the Gopro on it and its screwing it up?

Never use the gimbal without a GoPro in it.

I'm waiting to try it out again with the GoPro. I'll update this thread when I get it. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works fine and the X1 issue doesn't continue.

So crisis averted. Not having the GoPro on was the source of all my problems. Put the GoPro on and it functions just fine and the pitch control works correctly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31