WZZM Coverage of Video taken of Muskegon River Flooding

Reaction score
I shot some footage on 4/17 of our local flood zones which have been declared a disaster area on the state level. I shared the video with our local ABC news affiliate late last night. I awoke to the phone and email blowing up with them trying to contact me for an interview and to see my copter. It was pretty fun to do and exciting to see my footage on the news this evening as well! Have really been trying to get my name out there and some good stuff in my portfolio as I grow this all, this was a nice bonus for sure! I hear ABC News was inquiring to get the footage as well, still hopeful it could go national!

I have done a lot of what I would classify risky flights, this day was the worst yet even though it may not look like it. Weaving in and out of trees to get close enough to the homes was crazy. You just can't see the tiny little ends of branches when they are 50-100 yards out and they were everywhere! The **** is also a large and functioning hydro electric power plant with high voltage lines everywhere RF and obstacles to boot! In either location, the river raged below me... And then there were the gusting winds! First time I truly had to control my shaking while flying! Thats where I liked my Phantom, not quite as much 'skin in the game' as with my Discovery Pro and losing it would hurt only about 75% as much, lol.

I may have moved on from a Phantom for the time being but my roots in it, and still will potentially be getting another in the future. Mainly as the sacrificial lamb for the truly risky stuff! In any case I hope you enjoy the footage and positive press to our hobby.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/ ... o/7862885/

Nice job. Nice to see media taking a positive approach also. Local media in Twin Cities has story coming up where a couple of neighborhoods are using them for Neighborhood Watches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik