www.ushobby.com warranty useless

Reaction score
I bought my P2V+ back when it came out from http://www.ushobby.com. Anyways it was hovering when it suddenly became very loud, went down at an angle and crashed. I checked the DJI website, it says to contact my dealer first so I did. ushobby.com's website also states specifically for any warranty issues and repair, to send it to them because they are an authorized warranty center. I called them and told them it was crashed and badly damaged, they gave me an RMA number, told me to send it to them for warranty repair and/or replacement if it was too badly damaged. I spent the $30 to ship it to them, waited a few weeks, they finally got back to me stating they "don't warranty crashed products, and that there's nothing they can do". This is after I already spoke to them several times over the phone and they said they can and will do warranty repairs, and if they can not do the repair or replacement they will send it directly to DJI for assesment. Anyways they ended up sending it back to ME, and I paid another $30 to ship it to DJI directly and it's been sitting there for like 10 days. What a waste of my time and money. When I spoke to DJI, they said ushobby.com should have never sent it back to me but had it repaired by DJI. Anyways I will never recommend or order anything from USHOBBY.COM ever again.

Just my 2 cents for everyone.

Let me get this straight, you ordered a phantom, not sure how long ago, crashed it, and expect it to be under warranty? If everyone can get their phantom fixed by saying it wasn't their fault without any evidence then I am guessing no one would want to sell these things. I am not saying that your lying but the people that do ruin it for the rest of us.

If you see a company selling a $10.00 ribbon cable for 85.00 and up, it is probably best to steer clear.

I can understand why they had you send it to them. There's always a possibility it was a faulty component which may be covered under the warranty. Once they received your Phantom and bench checked the IMU and the rest of the circuitry they found it all to be in working order. They chalked up the crash as "Pilot Error" so you get to eat the cost.

U.M.

This is right off of DJI's website.

1. The following conditions must be met for warranty service:

a. During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
b. No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
c. Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
d. Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.)

2. Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions:

a. Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
b. Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
c. Damage caused by improper installation, or incorrect use or operation despite of the guidance of manuals.
d. Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuit, mismatch or misuse of battery and charger.
e. Damage caused by any flights which didn’t follow the instructions of the manuals.
f. Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong wind, rain, sand/dust storm, etc.)
g. Damage caused by operating the unit in an electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation, etc.).
h. Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
I. Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight.
j. Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
k. Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts.
l. Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.

The loud noise was probably related to top of motor becoming loose at set screw and allowing the center rod to drop down, and then crash. The set screws become loose when there is a repeated number of tip overs that cause those props to stop suddenly. Nothing here would be considered defective.

But no US Hobby for me.

I'll stand by ushobby since they made things right with me. Call and ask to talk to Sarah or her boss and see what they say. Not sure if your wanting them to fix as warranty or not but its prob outside that time period. They can and do repair and charge a fee to do so.

Only because we can learn from each others problems I have a couple questions for the op if you don't mind. First of all, I feel real bad about what happened. It is really tough for life to be going great, go outside to enjoy and do little photography and have your expensive camera damaged in an instant is no friggen fun at all!

But, this will just happen again and again and again if we cannot learn from our problems.

So, I want to ask the op.. the motors got louder. sounds like it was straining to stay up. I have heard that during real VRS the motors will try and keep the bird up and therefore the sound gets louder. Could you see this as a possible reasons for you crash?

You do say that it was hovering and not desending, so your issue sounds like one I have read about more then once. The Phantom Vision plus is doing fine when it goes into uncontrollable flight at high speed. The two that I have read I think said that the bird tilted as it would under power then flew away. Sounds like yours did exactly the same thing but instead of flying away flew to the ground.

What do you think? I wonder if it would be a wise thing for you to locate similar stories and approach your issue as a firmware issue.

As a life long tech I can sya that the hardest thing to diagnose and repair is the "intermittent" issue. The problem (and we never say problem it is called an "issue") cannot be duplicated on command so that makes resolution of the "issue" that much more difficult. But, I would think that DJI will be repairing these types of "crashes" under warranty. I await to see what they say about your bird that you sent them... and if all it costs you to get it fixed is $60.00 in shipping, you did really good!

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted when you hear from DJI.. (don't hold your breath, I have been there and done that, took 5 weeks)

Folks at US Hobby are really nice and I sent them a Zenmuse h3-3d that I picked up from a fellow here on Phantom Pilots. It had a broken cable and I hoped that would be all. Well I got a call and they say that it needs more then just the cable fixed. There are also motor issues and the method to repair is trial and error. So, at this point I have traded $150.00 with the hope that I would benefit from someone's problems and it is not going the way I had hoped. Humm. maybe if I get another broken one I can mix parts and end up with a working one. I share this since it is a learning experience and with my friends here I want to share the learning. I am not going to complain either about US Hobbies inability to repair the gimbal, it is broken and I do want to say how nice it is that I am not being charged for the diagnoses or the return shipping. That is worth reporting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4