Wrong MicroSD card?

Reaction score
I bought a Sandisk 64Mb microSD card on sale at Best Buy. I put the card in today and took it out for a spin hoping to get some videos.
I kept losing the video feed around 1,700ft?

Will the wrong card affect this? I was using my same iPhone and everything was charged up.

If this is the wrong card what do I need to get?

Phantom 3 Std

Attachments

• 32B71ABF-BA9B-481E-AF52-08889F8881D4.jpeg
    32B71ABF-BA9B-481E-AF52-08889F8881D4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 401
The SD card won't affect the signal in any way. Perhaps there was something else interferung with your signal?

Did you try the same route without the card?

I bought a Sandisk 64Mb microSD card on sale at Best Buy. I put the card in today and took it out for a spin hoping to get some videos.

Will the wrong card affect this? I was using my same iPhone and everything was charged up.

Phantom 3 Std
1700 feet is respectable for a P3S. Do you recall a greater distance and not losing video?

Phantom 3 Std
Yeh if even losing video feed at that distance I think you might find it still record to sd card even though you can't see it on screen,,it is not good flying without screen or pic even though we should be line of sight it does tend to cause bit of panic ,,remote standed ,,you could play with modified set up to help your transmission signal,,,,for the record my p3s only good for 1km unobstructed with cheap argtec antenna mod.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ game ,,how much you pay depend on your result...some are great out the shop and some lemons..I got lemon and made it a orange,the joys of wifi

Phantom 3 Std
Just a follow up on this thread. I took out the 64 mb card and replaced it with the original 8 mb card after I reformatted it. This took care of the weak/no transmission signal.

There are a few videos on YouTube that talk about the same effects of using the wrong SdCard.
I tried the 64Mb card a couple of times even after reformatting with no luck. The first time inserting the original 8mb reformatted card back in it worked.
I’m referring specifically to the issue you stated- a weak transmission issue at 1700ft on a P3s is significantly more likely to be attributed to issues other than the SD card.

There are a few videos on YouTube that talk about the same effects of using the wrong SdCard.
I tried the 64Mb card a couple of times even after reformatting with no luck. The first time inserting the original 8mb reformatted card back in it worked.
I would welcome a link to these videos. I need someone to explain or at the very least demonstrate a connection between an SD card and a radio signal.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Maybe the power cycle of the drone in that video fixed the image transmission problem.
The problem came back when the card was reinserted. I wonder if the drone tries to write to the SD card at the same time it tries to transmit the video. If there is a problem with the card then it must cause a problem with the transmission?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl