Wrong date/time on latest videos

Reaction score
I had the correct date and time for all videos prior to today. I just took two videos and new videos are dated 12/31/2007. What would make the date change? My Android device (Epson Moverio glasses) has the correct date/time. Please refresh my memory on this. Where can the date be set on the Phantom?

Geoelectro said:
I get that if I turn off the Phantom without stopping the recording first. Could that be your case?

Geo
Yes, that was what I did, but I tried it again using the button on the camera (didn't have the Moverio booted up) and it did the same. I'll try to do more testing tomorrow.

dannytroy said:
I had the correct date and time for all videos prior to today. I just took two videos and new videos are dated 12/31/2007. What would make the date change? My Android device (Epson Moverio glasses) has the correct date/time. Please refresh my memory on this. Where can the date be set on the Phantom?

Every once in a while I will get a video that winds up with that generic time stamp. Never figured out why it happens?

dannytroy said:
I searched the manual and DJI makes no mention of setting the date/time. Oh well, if it continues to happen I'll just re-label the file with the date as part of the file name.

Its gets the date/time from the GPS, hence no need for a manual setting.

I got a couple of those out of date videos also until I formatted the SD card in the camera. I'm not sure if that was what caused it but it has not happened since.

This weird 2007 date issue happened to me once. Not sure what caused it as I turned off the video recording before turning off the phantom. I haven't seen it in a long time, however.

MattUNI2001 said:
This weird 2007 date issue happened to me once. Not sure what caused it as I turned off the video recording before turning off the phantom. I haven't seen it in a long time, however.
Yes, I definitely did turn it off without stopping the recording, but I also followed up with another video by just using the record button on the camera itself. I'm finally getting around to doing some flying today and will re-test. This time I'll try to remember to use that record on-off procedure.

BTW, I did the opposite last week & forgot to hit record, and missed two very nice looking babes in bikinis that waved to the camera as I hovered near their boat.....****!!!

dannytroy said:
MattUNI2001 said:
BTW, I did the opposite last week & forgot to hit record, and missed two very nice looking babes in bikinis that waved to the camera as I hovered near their boat.....****!!!
I used to do that years ago, except then I was in a Coast Guard helicopter. :cool:

Reactions: crash1sttime
I've been having the same issue with my Phanton 3 Adv. However, my dates are way off. Mine are showing January 26, 2098! I thought that it was because I formatted the SD card in the drone without benefit of having GPS active. So i just went back outside, acquired GPS and then reformatted the card using the DJI iPhone app (using iOS 9.1). I still get the year 2098 on all my videos. Plus, I'm properly turning off video before turning off the drone. Any ideas?

I've been having the same issue with my Phanton 3 Adv. However, my dates are way off. Mine are showing January 26, 2098! I thought that it was because I formatted the SD card in the drone without benefit of having GPS active. So i just went back outside, acquired GPS and then reformatted the card using the DJI iPhone app (using iOS 9.1). I still get the year 2098 on all my videos. Plus, I'm properly turning off video before turning off the drone. Any ideas?

Hi bmeighan, I'm having the same issue with my P3 adv. Did you manage to find a solution? Thanks in advance.

There's no Dji support here in my country. After a few days trying everything I notice that one component of the board was damaged (because of a small crash). I bought one complete gimbal (used), and took only the control board. It was an expensive solution, I know, but now I have also a spare camera and others gimbal parts. Sorry about my english.

Reactions: Poumchak
There's no Dji support here in my country. After a few days trying everything I notice that one component of the board was damaged (because of a small crash). I bought one complete gimbal (used), and took only the control board. It was an expensive solution, I know, but now I have also a spare camera and others gimbal parts. Sorry about my english.
Yes, it's definitely an expensive solution especially if the only impact is the files timestamps :)

I'll stay like this for the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj