Wreck involving Gimbal on 3 SE

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 SE with nearly 19 hours of flights and close to 160 miles on it. Recently had my first major wreck. Thought I set the drone far enough away from a tree for takeoff, but ended up clipping a limb and flipping over - partially disconnecting the gimbal. After cleaning it up a bit, I powered it on and found the gimbal would get stuck completly up during the start up procedure. I found a small crack in the ribbon and figured that was probaly causing it. Replaced ribbon and it now will completely go through the intial startup and level out: however, during flight it will not stay level nor will it rotate with the wheel on the remote control. It still takes pictures and transmits just fine. The gimbal rotates fine and doesn't seem to struggle during the startup procedure. On the gimbal there is a gray wire and a black wire that I am under the impression are used as wifi signals to transmit back to the controller and tablet. The gray wire broke in half during the wreck. However, if it is only used for wifi I don't see why this would affect the gimbal staying level and not being able to rotate up and down. If I understand correctly that the grey wire is just for wifi there is no need for me to bother replacing it if I am potentially going to have to send it to DJI because of the gimbal. So what could be wrong with the gimbal (given that it seems to rotate and level out just fine except when in flight and won't respond to the controller to move camera up or down) and does it have anything to do with the grey wire? There is no visible damage; however, I can probably post pictures if that might help.

Good description. Any chance we could get a video of how it reacts with some close up photos of the camera and wires. That way we could get more detail on how it is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31