Wow wow first flight today and it handles like a dream

Reaction score
It does just what is says on the box and I reckon I could get my 90'yr old mum to fly it. I've never flown any sort of radio controlled model before and it was dead easy.
My only slight complaint is that the video is a bit shakey, do you think I could steady it by going to Att mode. Which means selecting NAZA mode but is that being a bit over confident for a first time flier.

Mossie said:
It does just what is says on the box and I reckon I could get my 90'yr old mum to fly it. I've never flown any sort of radio controlled model before and it was dead easy.
My only slight complaint is that the video is a bit shakey, do you think I could steady it by going to Att mode. Which means selecting NAZA mode but is that being a bit over confident for a first time flier.
Jay Allen said:
I also had my first flight with the same results as you. I just took the footage and stabilized in post.

https://vimeo.com/86452517

Good fun, I can remember that feeling !! (first flight)

Mossie said:

Personal opinion only... learn a bit more about flying it first, don't worry so much about video straight away. Get some basic manoeuvres under your belt, try flying it with the camera facing you (reversed controls), practice keeping an eye on your orientation at a distance, practice using the radar screen on the app to assist - all the good stuff.

Once you've done a bit of that then start to do a bit of practice "camera work", remembering not to get too absorbed in the filming to forget about flying the thing. Then have a good read up on NAZAM mode and how the various options work then you can have a play with atti, which will smooth things somewhat, although adds the extra factor of wind drift into the equation.

As I said, just my opinion - some people jump straight in to NAZAM, some stay in Vision mode forever. Whatever you do, enjoy it!

Thanks for the replies.

The photos look a bit warped and the video could do with steadying , can you suggest some editing software ?

Uhhhh. Does anyone else see a white spot in that video? I thought my phone had a dead pixel. But the spot moves when i rotate me phone...?

5u9y4yru.jpg

Orange spot. Centered just below the header...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj