Wow what a save Incredible A must see

already been posted several dozen times today but yes, good save. I'd have taken the swim for sure to save it.... but I wouldn't have run the battery down to autoland level anyway ;)

did you REALLY need to double post this in news AND videos? :p

I stupidly flew my drone in this horrible winter weather a few days ago and could not fight the wind to bring it back. Fail safe worked but I was worried with the wind it would blow into a tree so I rengaged the tx and landed it safely away from everything. why didn't this guy do that or jump in before the last possible second?

jcknows0 said:
why didn't this guy do that or jump in before the last possible second?

Makes it more exciting. :lol:

jcknows0 said:
I stupidly flew my drone in this horrible winter weather a few days ago and could not fight the wind to bring it back. Fail safe worked but I was worried with the wind it would blow into a tree so I rengaged the tx and landed it safely away from everything. why didn't this guy do that or jump in before the last possible second?

Apparently he drained the battery and it went into RTH. At that point (low battery), you can't regain control.
It was his first day, he was obviously excited about flying, and just didn't pay attention. Understandable IMO.

Not sure this is correct. In rth flick back to normal flight and apply full throttle and whilst it has power it will stay in the air.

More likely pilot error on first flight!

DeathFromJuu said:
landwomble said:
Not sure this is correct. In rth flick back to normal flight and apply full throttle and whilst it has power it will stay in the air.

You are correct. That Goodnnuff goofball is simply confused again.

I'm very flattered by your attention DeathfromJuu!
It's been a while since I've had a one man fan club follow my every post and make snarky retorts.
Did I offend your frail sense of worth in the past here?

Landwomble, I only reported what the owner of this video has posted elsewhere as the cause of his crash.

? No idea who you are and don't recall commenting on any other posts?
I have no axe to grind

landwomble said:
? No idea who you are and don't recall commenting on any other posts?
I have no axe to grind

Sorry, I was referring to DeathFromJuu, who as of late is taking great pleasure in stalking me from thread to thread.

I'm just too sexy I suppose...

This video was just shown on "Right This Minute," a national TV show focusing on this week's viral videos.
Heh.

landwomble said:

thats true of the first low battery stage, there comes a point (the 2nd low battery stage) where even that won't work.... throttle will merely slow the descent but it will indeed keep descending.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers