Wow, that "Windsurfer" really works, 4 mile flight.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was getting weak signal at about 6000',
I used a Aluminum Parabolic Antenna Range Booster "Windsurfer" yesterday and did a 4 mile round trip.
Video in in 4K at 3x speed.

Hey guys,
I was getting weak signal at about 6000',
I used a Aluminum Parabolic Antenna Range Booster "Windsurfer" yesterday and did a 4 mile round trip.
Video in in 4K at 3x speed.
What do you have to do in the app to fly that far? I can't go past 500 meters.

You must have the distance limit set, go into DJI Go and in the upper left select the quadcopter icon, in there is the distance limit.

What do you have to do in the app to fly that far? I can't go past 500 meters.
Get a windsurfer. Best mod for the money by far. You might also need the 32 channel mod, and higher you fly the further you'll go. Dynamic 3D Solutions

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
I made my own... I suggest not bothering to purchase anything...
I had an empty 100 dvd spindle case, I cut it in quarters...
Taped two of the quarters together (both are as tall as the RC antennae)... made two notches at the bottom so it can slide down over the antennae where they connect to the RC.
I sprayed 3M Photo-mount on the concave side of the plastic... then applied good ol kitchen aluminum foil. Smoothed out the bubbles by pushing from the center out with a papertowel. Trim off excess foil and it looks like a grade school art project :)

Make sure you orient your RC towards the P3P and you'll have all the range you can use... Want to see if it's working? Fly your P3P out until you begin to see video signal loss... hover and drop in your aluminum foil covered plastic home made unit... and BAM 100% video signal comes right back. I was amazed at the difference.
So, save your money, make something yourself... easy fun project.

Your only limitation will be the battery... and of course.. common sense... sent my P3P up to 390 ft and sent it out over the woods.. those little clusters of orange down below are hunters... they may shift from deer to Quad hunting at any moment (';')... also, word to the wise.. fly out against the wind... return with the wind with plenty of power to spare.

Yes, it works. DO NOT put a signal reflector on your RC unit and turn your back on your P3P... signal loss ... when you are returning home and back in close range, just pull off the reflector you've made and get 360 deg control/signal back.. I enjoy flying mine through the woods on my property... I never see a single signal bar drop now.. it's a confidence builder.

I made my own... I suggest not bothering to purchase anything...
I had an empty 100 dvd spindle case, I cut it in quarters...
Taped two of the quarters together (both are as tall as the RC antennae)... made two notches at the bottom so it can slide down over the antennae where they connect to the RC.
I sprayed 3M Photo-mount on the concave side of the plastic... then applied good ol kitchen aluminum foil. Smoothed out the bubbles by pushing from the center out with a papertowel. Trim off excess foil and it looks like a grade school art project :)

Make sure you orient your RC towards the P3P and you'll have all the range you can use... Want to see if it's working? Fly your P3P out until you begin to see video signal loss... hover and drop in your aluminum foil covered plastic home made unit... and BAM 100% video signal comes right back. I was amazed at the difference.
So, save your money, make something yourself... easy fun project.

Your only limitation will be the battery... and of course.. common sense... sent my P3P up to 390 ft and sent it out over the woods.. those little clusters of orange down below are hunters... they may shift from deer to Quad hunting at any moment (';')... also, word to the wise.. fly out against the wind... return with the wind with plenty of power to spare.

Yes, it works. DO NOT put a signal reflector on your RC unit and turn your back on your P3P... signal loss ... when you are returning home and back in close range, just pull off the reflector you've made and get 360 deg control/signal back.. I enjoy flying mine through the woods on my property... I never see a single signal bar drop now.. it's a confidence builder.

The link I post the windsurfer's are only around $15 or close to it. Not only that, but you're buying something that several others also have bought which gives option to share notes.

This is my crappy home-made reflector... photo taken yesterday... people are free to buy anything they want, you vote with your $$$ after all.. I like making stuff and testing it out.. it's fun and this rig sends signals video and RC farther than I would ever need them to. :)

Attachments

• DJI_0003.jpg
    DJI_0003.jpg
    760.1 KB · Views: 602
No need for windsurfers.. Just learn how to correctly aim antennas.. I've flown over 17,000' stock in a heavily populated suburban area..

Even though I don't fly for distance and altitude records (I go up to take specific photos and video shots) my Windsurfer removed all my worries about signal loss.
I have amazing signal strength throughout my flights with it.
A friend gave me an aluminum foil covered 3D extruded booster.
I haven't tried that one, but wonder if it works just as well as the all aluminum one.

This is my crappy home-made reflector... photo taken yesterday... people are free to buy anything they want, you vote with your $$$ after all.. I like making stuff and testing it out.. it's fun and this rig sends signals video and RC farther than I would ever need them to. :)
Pretty good job on the crap:D:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair