Would you swap a P3P for P4 if it was a free upgrade?

Reaction score
My controller has packed up - probably the USB port. Drone is fine.
May have the chance to upgrade to a P4. Do I?

I am more than happy with my non upgraded P3P. I get 11,000 ft distance and never had any problems until this controller issue. Wouldn't even think about it otherwise!

Is it true the P4 struggles with this kind of range? Any other things to look out for with the P4?

go for the p4 if it is free, which i am sure it is not
i have the p4 and i can tell you it seems much faster, better looking, and more than the p3p

My controller has packed up - probably the USB port. Drone is fine.
May have the chance to upgrade to a P4. Do I?

I am more than happy with my non upgraded P3P. I get 11,000 ft distance and never had any problems until this controller issue. Wouldn't even think about it otherwise!

Is it true the P4 struggles with this kind of range? Any other things to look out for with the P4?
Lightly used GL300A P3P controllers are under $200 in the classifieds on this forum. You'll want one of them anyway for a P4. Much better control range than the stock GL300C P4 controller. Then decide.

flew a p4 wasent that great sport mode was fun but it isn't that much better p3p gets better range

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
propellers, battery, look, OAS, better stability, dual imu, dual compass, case, gimbal lock, and other reasons why i paid the extra $400
worth it to me but definitely not worth $1400 to get a new one if you already have a P3P

Reactions: flpholt
I wouldn't trade my fantastic trouble free Phantom 3 Pro. Besides, I have too much invested into her, with three extra flight batteries, a second 100w charger and the comfy @dji hardshell backpack.
Non of which is convertible to the P4.

RedHotPoker

flew a p4 wasent that great sport mode was fun but it isn't that much better p3p gets better range
why wasnt it good? i have one and my friend had the P3P and they both got about the same range, but mine laster longer in the air and was much, much, much more stable in the moderate-high wind (10-15mph)

that is it if you never owned a phantom then p4 is awesome but if you have a p3p or p3a and fly a p4 it just doesn't knock your socks off unless you due sport mode

Reactions: skyhighdiver
i get not paying for a new one and not upgrading if you have already invested a ton but if you have to chose between a free P3P and a free P4 then i dont think anyone would choose the P4 unless they care a ton about range
also, the P4 is DEFINITELY a lot more durable

I seen p4 have gimble issues at drone day its nice don't get me wrong but it isn't a major jump like p2 compared to p3

that is it if you never owned a phantom then p4 is awesome but if you have a p3p or p3a and fly a p4 it just doesn't knock your socks off unless you due sport mode
i have owned a P1 before, but this was a huge upgrade
i can see how you dont see that much of a difference, but the differences are subtle yet important, like the better propellers, battery, and durability-because we all make mistakes

I seen p4 have gimble issues at drone day its nice don't get me wrong but it isn't a major jump like p2 compared to p3
i know, i have a problem with my gimbal on my P4 but it isnt noticable until you get to about 1k feet high

now wait the p5 might be a big leap and no we had 20+ winds and p4 and p3 both hovered the same as far as time in air well was almost the same until I did sport mode that eats battery fast

yeah the gimble freaking out was kinda weird but then worked good after it got reset just kinda concerned to see that

i have owned a P1 before, but this was a huge upgrade
i can see how you dont see that much of a difference, but the differences are subtle yet important, like the better propellers, battery, and durability-because we all make mistakes
true but if you crash hard enough nothing will help either one of them they just break

Reactions: Apilot101
yes props the way they go on p4 is way better as for battery didn't really see it

Actually sitting here in contemplation avenue, thinking of buying myself a small, military styled, racing drone.
image.jpeg

Check this thing out... ;-)
image.jpeg

I think it looks mean.

Pretty sweet graphics.
image.jpeg

It must have hidden warheads. Flying like a stinging bee too...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
that's frigging awesome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.