Would you hold off on the 3.04 firmware update?

Reaction score
Still using 3.0. It seems like a lot of people are having issues after updating, so are you holding off until 3.05 or later?

Everything is working fine, so I guess if it isn't broke...?

Bucky said:
Still using 3.0. It seems like a lot of people are having issues after updating, so are you holding off until 3.05 or later?

Why, what's a lot of people? I've updated every time and have never had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky :)

Running 3.04 here with no issues.
Yes the P2 top speed is slower than v2 or 1.08 and I do occasionally find that a pain. Like following a train or boat so sometimes switch back to 1.08 but mostly use 3.04

Bucky said:

Depends. If you shoot sceneries, landscapes, and the like, then I think you might prefer the stability of 3.04. However, for me 3.04 does not work well. I shoot action videos (DH mountainbikes) and the limitation in tilt angle made it too slow for my purposes. I've rolled back to 1.08 for my main Phantom. I have no problems staying up with my riders. My other Phantom is on 3.00 and that's only for the Ground Station support. I'm still trying to get back to 2.00 (IMO the best version), but no luck.

I really don't mind the flight restrictions, but the speed restriction is a deal breaker. Hopefully, 3.05 will give some control back to the users to manipulate top speed. Otherwise, I'm staying with 1.08 and 3.00 - haven't had problems and they fly very very well.

If you find a way go getting back to 2 please let me know.
I found 2 was great for me with ground station support and H3-3D gimbal

Diesel31 said:
Bucky said:

Depends. If you shoot sceneries, landscapes, and the like, then I think you might prefer the stability of 3.04. However, for me 3.04 does not work well. I shoot action videos (DH mountainbikes) and the limitation in tilt angle made it too slow for my purposes. I've rolled back to 1.08 for my main Phantom. I have no problems staying up with my riders. My other Phantom is on 3.00 and that's only for the Ground Station support. I'm still trying to get back to 2.00 (IMO the best version), but no luck.

I really don't mind the flight restrictions, but the speed restriction is a deal breaker. Hopefully, 3.05 will give some control back to the users to manipulate top speed. Otherwise, I'm staying with 1.08 and 3.00 - haven't had problems and they fly very very well.

On 3.04, if you fly in Atti mode speed restriction is null.

That is not true. The tilt/speed restriction is still there if you fly in Atti mode. It is now 25 degree where it used to be 35 degrees.
I would have lost my p2 if I had upgraded, there was this time were the winds aloft was higher than expected and I need all those 35 degree of tilt to get home before the battery died.

Common DJI, give us some control back and make it configurable.

macheung said:
That is not true. The tilt/speed restriction is still there if you fly in Atti mode. It is now 25 degree where it used to be 35 degrees.
I would have lost my p2 if I had upgraded, there was this time were the winds aloft was higher than expected and I need all those 35 degree of tilt to get home before the battery died.

Common DJI, give us some control back and make it configurable.

Can you imagine the posts?

I set my maximum tilt angle to 90 degrees and then my Phantom flew away. WTH!?!?

I went ahead and upgraded. Since I'm still new, I don't push the P2 to the limits, so I haven't been negatively affected by the firmware.

Everything seems to be working fine.

DON'T UPGRADE!!!

My P2 is reallly slow in GPS mode and also ATTI has gotten slower. It is totally uncool of DJI to put that tilt restriction in the lastest firmware.
I hope they revert back in the next and I hope they hurry the feck up to fix the compass issue!!!

-H

Yea I'm running 1.08 on my vision plus. I tried 3.04 and hate the speed. Still trying to go to version 2.0 but for some reason I can't get it to upgrade. ..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1