Would warranty only be covered with DJI go and not Litchi?

Reaction score
Of course hoping and trying my best to never have a crash, but if i ever did, would using Litchi (since it's 3rd party) automatically disqualify the drone from warranty?
I don't mean ever using Litchi, I mean a crash that happened while using it, rather than go.
Also, I assume Litchi saves flight logs like go?

I don't use litchi but DJI does not support third party apps which mean that any crash using litchi disqualified you for getting any warranty from DJI. Even if you didn't cause the crash.

I don't use litchi but DJI does not support third party apps which mean that any crash using litchi disqualified you for getting any warranty from DJI. Even if you didn't cause the crash.
Not true, luckily. There are plenty of user experiences shared here in this forum and elsewhere that clearly evidence DJI's position on third party apps and warranty issues. Problems arise where the AC isn't recovered and therefore the flight log from the AC can't be made available to DJI for assessment. DJI will not accept the litchi log as evidence.

In circumstances where the subject AC can't be provided to DJI for assement and the .dat log is avaialable and suggests DJI hardware/software contributed to the incident they will (and have been observed to) honour warranty claims.

Actually there was a statement from litchi on their app store (UK... So not sure if its also on American) where a buyer who purchase the app stated that litchi crashed he's drone and DJI won't cover it.

Litchi replied that their app is DJI approved and therefore covered.

Its 2.40am in London now but when I wake up I will screen shot it to show you. Or you can change your phone settings to get our app store and see for yourself in the mean time

Reactions: SunnyD
You need the aircraft to make a warranty claim. They will not cover losses in water or if you cannot produce the aircraft for inspection and retrieval of the on-board flight log. They go on to suggest a GPS tracking device be attached to help in search and recovery.

Litchi is developed using DJI SDK .... and therefore should be covered.

Trouble is - DJI have some 'cute' disclaimers written into their manuals - so you need to fight your corner and not allow them to ignore national warrantys.

Don't forget that the applicable warranty unless specifically stated by manufacturer is of the country of purchase.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan