Would like to hear from ipad pro 10.5 or 12.9 users

Reaction score
would like to hear the pros and cons on using either ipad pro model used to fly there P4, the newest 10.5 or 12.9 ...thanks in advance

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
going to buy one just would like to hear the pros and cons from those who are already using one

I own and have used both but default to the Air2, it's more than needed for flying. I use the big Pro with lightroom and apps that support the Apple Pencil. It's at the point now when a laptop isn't needed.

Reactions: Bckmstr
I have the 12.9" iPad Pro and shoot with it regularly. Biggest cons are the balance of the controller with the iPad attached (although it's really not too bad), and the fact that the hinge has a hard holding the weight of the iPad; it will hold, but needs regular tightening.

Other than that you will need an adapter to fit the larger sized iPad. I bought one from Ebay for less than $10.

The screen size is awesome and the detail is great.

Reactions: Bckmstr
I have the 12.9" iPad Pro and shoot with it regularly. Biggest cons are the balance of the controller with the iPad attached (although it's really not too bad), and the fact that the hinge has a hard holding the weight of the iPad; it will hold, but needs regular tightening.

Other than that you will need an adapter to fit the larger sized iPad. I bought one from Ebay for less than $10.

Yep got the extension earlier this week and will be going in the next day or two to purchase Thanks for the insight

If you have 15 min spare you can save $10, all you need is an old coat hanger and a length of heat shrink.

Attachments

• IMG_3289.PNG
    IMG_3289.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG_3290.PNG
    IMG_3290.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 424
If you have 15 min spare you can save $10, all you need is an old coat hanger and a length of heat shrink.

Interesting! I like the fact that this gives a "wider" area touching the iPad, so this may help with the before mentioned balance issue.

Time to spend some time in the garage with the wire & "torch."

edspilot

Interesting! I like the fact that this gives a "wider" area touching the iPad, so this may help with the before mentioned balance issue.

Time to spend some time in the garage with the wire & "torch."

edspilot
The spring wire actually gives really good tension also, holds it nice and tight in the clamp. I originally did it as a temporary solution- worked suorisingky well. Haven't needed to think about other options.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
I had been using an iPad mini 2. Recently been using the new 10.5 Pro.

Pro's of the 10.5 Pro:
Gorgeous and bright screen.
More screen real estate.
Barely fits into the stock controller bracket - requires some coaxing
Its fast, but I process video on a PC or MacBook Pro. For those that process on the iPad this is probably a big deal.

Cons:
I dont like the idea of a ~1k tablet falling to the ground.
Balance of the controller due to extra weight.
The mini was dedicated to the drone. The 10.5 gets used for lots of stuff.
The mini fits in the foam carving case.

well started my day off buying the 12.9 pro , only had last years version in stock and saved with black Friday deals in july at best buy, flew with it, nice , but didn't like the glare, like a mirror..so took that back and bought a 9.7 pro 128gb last years on got $200 off with there sale, currently waiting on full charge to test it out this evening...thanks to all that replied

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen