Would like feedback on FPV choices

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 2 non-vision for a few months now and would like to order a FPV system. After doing some research, here's what I'm thinking:

IRC 600MW 5.8 GHz Transmitter
iOSD Mini
7" Black Pearl Monitor
Antennas - FPVLR 5.8 GHz premium combo
Monitor mount
Plug and play cables for no soldering

Questions:
Black Pearl monitor - 7ch or 32?
Antennas - The website asks for which plug...SMA male or RP-SMA male. Which one and what's the difference?

Is there anything else that I'd need that you guys would suggest?

Thanks for all of your help!

I have the same setup you are talking about. I just tried my FPVLR premium combo antennas on my P2 and Black Pearl, and had clear video out to the 1300m I flew that day. I think you will be real happy with that setup. When ordering the antennas, just match the plugs on the website to the Black Pearl plugs. Hope you enjoy it, and happy flying.

D13129BF-7BE3-4A10-97B1-34954BA48E01.jpg

Together with immersion RC 600mw transmitter

The picture is the same setup I had before the FPVLR premium combo upgrade. The Fat Shark antennas worked well, but the ones from FPVLR work better in my case.

Did you have the patch antenna also?

Did you have the patch antenna also?
Hi, Turbazz. Yes, I had the patch antenna as well. I would get a lot of interference at a couple of places where I fly. Not constant, but like just a couple of "walls". I could not detect anything to cause it, like towers, or electrical lines. With the FPVLR antennas I got, I could fly in the same area and direction with no interference at all. I even switched back to the Fatshark setup, and the interference came back. Not that they are bad antennas, but for me I just prefer the new ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl