Worried about my P2V+

Reaction score
I decided to check out the functionality of my crashed drone last night while trying to drain my suspect battery. A few things I noticed, I wanted to ask here so someone with more experience can tell me if it was normal.

I had the body open and everything hooked up (no blades). I had my broken gimbal connected also. When I went into the DJI software, It showed 0% battery even with the actual battery showing 3 lights. I swapped batteries and it showed the same 0% with 2 lights showing on the battery. I decided to just mess with the RC and simulate flying to wear the battery down quicker. I pushed the left stick up to "ascend" and then let go. The motors kept spinning like I was holding the stick up. I hit the left stick down and it returned to a slower speed. I moved the right stick to simulate movement and the motors sped up. When I released the stick, the motors didn't slow down until I moved the right stick again in the opposite direction. I did all this indoors so there was no gps or compass calibration done. Also, I am still in phantom mode for the RC.

Any suggestions? Is this normal because I was indoors? My body doesn't get here until Thurs, but if this isn't normal, I don't want to take a chance and lose my drone due to damage.

Can't address the battery reporting issues. Possibly bad/poor contact with the data pins???

The issue with the motors continuing to rev after your control input was removed is typical.
The FC is looking to see the increase in altitude or that the a/c has tilted or moved in the direction you 'requested'.

By reversing the command(s) you have negated the previous command(s) resulting in the system reacting appropriately.

Ok. Good. I was afraid that the crash royally got me. Glad to know that it is ok.

Thanks for the info.

Always be wary after making repairs.

Re-cal the IMU if not done so already too.

For your battery issue, check that the two little spring-loaded battery sense pins are still in the battery compartment (right next to where the main battery contacts are located). They could be bent, broken off, or they could be stuck pushed into against their springs. If the pins are in place and functioning, you will have to trace the connection back from there into the Phantom.

Re the battery info display.
Are you getting any other telemetry? ie sats, height, speed?
It is common for the grey cables to the gimbal to become dislodged and they need to be reconnected to get that information back.

Don't know about the other info. I drained the batteries and are letting them charge back up. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what it all says.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj