woobling

Reaction score
My Phantom was coming down and all of a son it started to wooble and I could not control it, almost lost it in the trees, finally got the control back but it was at 10 to 15 feets, what went wrong

It looks like VRS. It's best not to descend straight down at full speed.

+1

Close enough.

If you Google VRS it will be more specific.

It can happen at any altitude. Past firmware versions tried to reduce the ocurrence by limiting descent speed.
You may be on a previous version???

Always incorporate some lateral movement (forward, reverse, left, right) when descending at high rates to continually move away from the 'wash'.

I"m having exact same problem. Straight down descending without any horizontal movement and It wants to do a crazy wobble. Crashed it lots. Different firmware needed or just come down super slow if it's vertical decent?

TBE Toilet bowl effect! I always come down in a Z pattern to avoid this with decreased throttle.

Reactions: Sulzle357
.... just come down super slow if it's vertical decent?
A slow descent will reduce the risk, but why not angle it down instead - eliminating the risk entirely? If it's right over your head, what I would do is fly it in front of me while I lock the elevator down (2 meters/sec max drop, be careful of CSC), and then zig and zag it down. I find when in an RTH return, it's easiest (and fastest) to take control while it's fairly far off, and begin descent from there. If you don't see it while it's returning, use the radar and guide it in at an angle, or FPV it in. Or on Litchi, you can use the maps screen to guide it down and in to you from a distance.

Reactions: Sulzle357
I had this problem when I changed props

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I have installed new OEM props and has fixed all my wobbling and descending issues. Can't believe how solid it flies now.....very happy. That being said don't install carbon fiber props. They can handle crashing and are extremely tough but terrible for steady flight. In my opinion.

So I have installed new OEM props and has fixed all my wobbling and descending issues. Can't believe how solid it flies now.....very happy. That being said don't install carbon fiber props. They can handle crashing and are extremely tough but terrible for steady flight. In my opinion.

This is most often the case.

ESCs, motors, props...all part of a tuned propulsion system.

Glad to know that was the issue... I'll order a new body for my cheerson and get more original props. I had no problems until I installed those carbon props that's when it started wobbling and most of the time it would pull out.... Well not so lucky the last flight it had [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj