Woo-hoo got my first wedding booking

Reaction score
So I got a message that someone wants to hire me for a wedding shoot. I decided to do a test flight before hand and meet up with the bride before the big day for £10 just to show her how I will fly and go through a few things.

Will have my insurance by then. As it's a private wedding being filmed in London would I need to get the FAA licence?

I don't want to give us a bad name by not having the correct paper work. If anything this is my chance to play a part in giving us a good name. Any advice would be great

Neon Euc

You need to abide by the couuntries laws that you fly within. The FAA has not juridiction over UK airspace.

I'm a little confused. You mention British pounds, you mention that you are going to meet with the person, you mention it's going to take place in London. So it sounds like you, and everything, are in the UK. If correct, why even bring up the FAA?

If you're going to be paid for it -( and it sounds as if you are )-, you need to have your PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) from the CAA before you can do it.
Also, you need to make sure you're not breaking CAA regulations regarding flying near buildings etc.
I don't know what insurance you're getting, but it would probably be invalid if you go ahead without your PfCO, and/or break any of the CAA regulations.

Reactions: Jayfdee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic