Won't take off/Motors not working

Reaction score
Hey guys my phantom 3 is brand new out of the box, got it set up, registered, camera works great, but I can't get it to take off. When I tell it to, nothing happens. Tried both auto and manual. No movement in motors. Says "No Positioning (Atti)" But the GPS seems to know where I am? Can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Check that beginner mode is not enabled too. When in ATTI mode, you cannot take off when beginner mode is enabled.

Beginner mode is enabled, but it says I should still be able to go 30ft? Just trying to get it working not worried about doing anything too crazy right now

You're not trying to fly inside are you? Try going outdoors in an area where there is nothing above you. You should get a good GPS signal at that point.

Reactions: albertoh
I made sure of all these things, still wouldn't work. Finally turned off beginner mode, and it worked but instead of goingstraight up, it went to the side and crashed. No strong winds going on here.

Reactions: albertoh
That absolutely sux........
Sorry to hear that.
How bad is the damage?

Actually the only thing damaged at all are the propellers but I have back ups for all of them so it's not the end of the world. It's otherwise fine as far as I can tell. The propellers are only scratched up, but I'm assuming that even scratches (intense ones) will affect the flight. But either way I have perfectly in tact back ups.

You are indeed lucky.
Need to find out what went wrong before trying to fly again.
I would start with IMU calibration, then see if it will start without the props.

Actually the only thing damaged at all are the propellers but I have back ups for all of them so it's not the end of the world. It's otherwise fine as far as I can tell. The propellers are only scratched up, but I'm assuming that even scratches (intense ones) will affect the flight. But either way I have perfectly in tact back ups.
Do your compass aswell :) no compass done might get bit drifty this help keep it nice and steady

I made sure of all these things, still wouldn't work. Finally turned off beginner mode, and it worked but instead of goingstraight up, it went to the side and crashed. No strong winds going on here.
If no winds, then it sounds like you pushed the wrong stick.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl