P3 Firmware Wont Install

Reaction score
I keep get an error on installing the new Firmware

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Any Ideas?

Make sure you downloaded the right firmware. Also you have a better chance of a successful upgrade if you first format the SD card (make sure you get all your photos and videos off first, format and add the .bin file back to the card).

I just formated it to try again.

It is the latest software from DJI Site: Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.9.60
2016-06-13

It seems to start, then the the light goes red and it sits there and makes a reading noise, but never finishes (20 + minutes) .

Is your remote controller off during the upgrade?

Yes.

I watched a video on how to upgrade and follwed the directions to a "T".

Yes.

I watched a video on how to upgrade and follwed the directions to a "T".
Does it do the fast beeping indicating it is upgrading DDDD-DDDD? If so, does it ever finish making beeps D-DD, D-DD?

It never makes it to the beeps. You se the light go from Green to Red...some flashes....and eventually the light is solid red...and it just sits there reading.

I just tested a flight...and the card reader is working (Records pictures).

Thats a strange one. Is the gimbal lock (clear plastic piece) off the camera? You can also try a different SD card, re-download the file in case it's corrupt.

Gimbel lock is off.

Downloaded 2 difefrent versions of upgrades, both failed.

Have used 2 different SD Cards.

Is there anothee method...cable......etc. to upgrade?

What is your current version? No I haven't heard of any other way to update it.

Amazingly, the 5th or 6th try it seems to work !

I am on 1.8.80 so no big deal....but my batteries say they need an update.

It is workin on install now....just waiting on Long DAAAAAA...Da DA sound to complete.

It worked on 1 battery , but fails on the other battery, so I am no suspecting a battery issue with the 2nd battery.

1 battery shows fine in the DJI Go App, but the other gives error messages "Invalid Battery".

I assume te bad battery is the cause of the fiormware issue

Hi, Ive had exactly the same issues. !! Ive had my p3a for well over a year and have always updated with ease. This latest update is bugging the hell out of me. I download the update to my card(formatted by the go app) plug it into the p3a and all i get on switch on is "dee de de" followed by a solid green light on my gimbal.

My Problem turned out to be a defective battery.

After several attempts, when I plugged it in and connected with DJI GO App, it showed a battery issue.

Hopefully this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik