Won't Hover

Geo

Reaction score
My Phantom will not hover when flying in GPS. It flies slowly backwards and slightly increases it's speed. I see this on take off as the Phantom will almost jump backward on liftoff. I have to keep the joystick forward and a little left to hover or just to go forward in a straight line. All LED lights indicate everything is fine. All the props are fine and they are balanced. This occurrs on no-wind fly days at very low altitude; 10'-15'. I tried flying in ALTI and the same thing happens.
Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Do basic or advanced IMU calibration first of all. If that doesn't help, calibrate the TX and compass.

If you are in ATTI mode, the led should flash single yellow. Sometime it took a minute or two for the warm up.
If you are in GPS mode, you must see flashing GREEN (no red).
Take off in ATTI mode only.

Geo said:
My Phantom will not hover when flying in GPS. It flies slowly backwards and slightly increases it's speed. I see this on take off as the Phantom will almost jump backward on liftoff. I have to keep the joystick forward and a little left to hover or just to go forward in a straight line. All LED lights indicate everything is fine. All the props are fine and they are balanced. This occurrs on no-wind fly days at very low altitude; 10'-15'. I tried flying in ALTI and the same thing happens.
Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Mine does the same. Balanced props, no wind, calibrated IMU, lots of satellites, and in GPS still drifts away. I just live with it.

Thanks, I will try taking off in ATTI. I'm a bit of a Luddite and I'm amazed I can fly this at all, so some help with links on how to re-calibrate compass, IMU and TX would be greatly appreciated.

Drifting in GPS mode is normal if the area is: Vertical: ± 0.8m. Horizontal: ± 2.5m.

Try to switch back to ATTI and fly around for a few seconds and back to GPS which works for me most of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers