Won't Calibrate After Setting in NAZA mode

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues in doing the 360 horizontal and vert setup after setting into NAZA mode. After flipping the switch 5 times and doing it I get flashing green and red. Then I switched back to Phantom mode and the cali does fine.

First of all, go easy on the S1 and S2 switches, as they have been reported to be fragile (but not in my experience). Second, I am in NAZA mode and can perform compass calibration. Third, it requires 6-10 up/down cycles to initiate compass calibration.

Dirty Bird said:
Mine calibrates fine in NAZA mode.
How does this answer help ? Sure most people have no problem.
I know with my copter it's a pain in the *** to get in Cali mode. Sometimes fast switching works sometimes doing it slower works.

Mori55 said:
Dirty Bird said:
Mine calibrates fine in NAZA mode.
How does this answer help ? Sure most people have no problem.
I know with my copter it's a pain in the *** to get in Cali mode. Sometimes fast switching works sometimes doing it slower works.

It helps because the original post alluded to the reason he believed it would not calibrate was due to NAZA mode. (hence the title, wont' calibrate after setting in Naza mode). Not true in the responder's experience, or mine. That information will help the OP move on to finding the reason he is having trouble. Duh. Don't be rude.

I never alluded to that . I fly naza all the time. What I said was sometimes its ***** to get in Cali mode. I wasn't trying to be rude , I thought answering " mine works wasn't helpful". Of course it should work. But the speed of moving your switch just right came be a pain. I know my V1 was real sensitive to switch speed movement , but after a firmware upgrade it was easier, who knows ?

Strange how sometimes I goes right into Cali mode then other time it doesn't ?
Sometimes I feel I'm going to wear my switch out.

appnet said:
I get flashing green and red.

When in NAZA mode that sequence of lights would mean GPS mode (green blink), 6 satellites (one red blink).

I would suggest that you download and read the NAZA manual as it has some IMPORTANT info that it looks like you have overlooked.

Page 12 explains the green and red lights

Funny but I compass cal so infrequently. I havent flown it any further than a 10 mile radius of the last cal location. So I see no need to do it. I am of the school that if it has a good compass reading, why mess with it? I always check my radar icon and expanded radar display to see if the direction and position makes sense, as an additional check before launching. Getting into compass cal mode last time I did it was tricky. I am in NAZA mode. I had to really watch the lights carefully as sometimes I would get into cal mode on a switch change, then go immediately out as I was still moving the switch. If you know what I mean. Maybe watch the lights carefully, as I went right past it a few times before I was able to stop switching fast enough to catch the solid yellow. I am running 1.08 firmware BTW.

Here is a youtube video that explains the difference in lights, but I still recommend reading the NAZA manual as there is more than just the lights that are different and can effect your flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BeakjoJ1UA[/youtube]

Fly safe :D

WetCoastWillie said:
appnet said:
I get flashing green and red.

When in NAZA mode that sequence of lights would mean GPS mode (green blink), 6 satellites (one red blink).

I would suggest that you download and read the NAZA manual as it has some IMPORTANT info that it looks like you have overlooked.

Page 12 explains the green and red lights

Great catch. You're absolutely right!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic