wondering yaw

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question about the phantom 2 staying put. when I yaw my phantom moves in the direction of the yaw about 10 feet. on my F450 when I yaw it stays put, just turns. do I need to adjust gains more or is this common on the phantom or do I have some other problem?
I have done a compass calibration and I have tried this in different locations. yaw left I go forward and left. yaw right go forward and right. its pretty annoying because I don't really have control in tight spaces.
thanks for the help.

Sounds like the Mode on your transmitter is off. In which Mode do you fly your F450?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

usually GPS sometimes ATTI but both were stable when yawing.

I was messing with gains on the phantom and it likes to head left when I yaw left and only a little right when I yaw right, so its a little better but the gains are high enough its a little jumpy 140 for all except altitude is 220

Jabtyler said:
usually GPS sometimes ATTI but both were stable when yawing.

I was messing with gains on the phantom and it likes to head left when I yaw left and only a little right when I yaw right, so its a little better but the gains are high enough its a little jumpy 140 for all except altitude is 220

Are you operating in Mode 1 or Mode 2, though? You set that via the RC Assistant software.

You'll need to open the RC Assistant software, plug in your transmitter via USB cable, power the transmitter on and then set your Mode, as well as do a calibration, ensuring the input you make on the transmitter, shows up correctly via the four sliders on the screen.

Then, power off your transmitter, open the PT2 Assistant software, power on the transmitter, plug in your Phantom 2 via USB, power on the Phantom 2 and do another calibration within the PT2 Assistant software, ensuring that the input you make on the transmitter accurately shows up in the PT2 Assistant software. There is going to be a very slight lag when compared to the quick response of the RC Assistant software - that is perfectly normal.

I would return your gains back to default, as I have not touched mine in all 25 flights or so and everything has been great for me.

Hopefully this helps! I apologize in advance if I'm telling you stuff you already know or stuff you've already done. With these things, it's usually about returning to the basics and going step-by-step.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

you are being helpful, thank you.

I fly in mode 2

I did the calibration in RC assistant and updated firmware.

I will fly in a few to test it out.

I now have very little control over the tilt of the gimbal, I can barely touch the tilt controller and the camera points strait down then I can push it all the way to the right and it goes back up but there is no in between. how do I get the tilt control back?

got it back. went back into RC assistant and re did calibration then back to Phantom assistant and its back to normal. Ill fly in a bit to test the yaw out.
thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj