Wondering what my modded fc40 is worth

Reaction score
I've had my fc40 for around a year now. I've loved it the whole time. I have flew over the beach, over a dam, around my house. I have impressed friends and family with it. And, I named it Jorge.

Anyways I have been looking at the new P3's and I, at least, really, really, really, really want it. I stuck that thought in the back of my head as a sort of 'distant goal' though. Until today, I looked at a few websites where the fc40 is being sold for like 600-800$. It was amazing and crazy at first, but the longer i looked, the more it made sense. There is no price to compare to anymore! It got me into this long struggle with myself, I could possibly get the drone i want, but i would have to give up Jorge.

So I decided to at least see around how much he would get me, to help me decide.

So how much would you guys think someone might pay for something like this:

Good condition (small scratches/stains) Phantom with FC40 camera, CNC Brushless Gimbal, 3x Batteries, Charger, Original Camera Mount/gimbal, 6x extra used propellors

keep in mind that the prices are going up due to them not being produced anymore, plus I can make it say something like UAV Drone, 1/4 mile flight capabilities, Live FPV, HD recording, GPS stabilization, auto-return-to-home, failsafe return to home

Last edited:
No more than 50% of the sum of all your parts. Used is used, typically yur lucky to get half when selling used electronics. Just my 2cents worth.

It's hard to say. I have similar equipment, though still in excellent shape plus has flytrex live3g. But since I've gotten my P3 pro, it's been collecting dust. I still probably will keep it around when inviting someone to fly with me, but it's so yesterday....you can get P2Vs with the features you mentioned for $500 or less. I'm not sure there is really a market unless you don't want the No Fly zone restrictions and want flexibility to Mod the bird.

I've had my fc40 for around a year now. I've loved it the whole time. I have flew over the beach, over a dam, around my house. I have impressed friends and family with it. And, I named it Jorge.

Anyways I have been looking at the new P3's and I, at least, really, really, really, really want it. I stuck that thought in the back of my head as a sort of 'distant goal' though. Until today, I looked at a few websites where the fc40 is being sold for like 600-800$. It was amazing and crazy at first, but the longer i looked, the more it made sense. There is no price to compare to anymore! It got me into this long struggle with myself, I could possibly get the drone i want, but i would have to give up Jorge.

So I decided to at least see around how much he would get me, to help me decide.

So how much would you guys think someone might pay for something like this:

Good condition (small scratches/stains) Phantom with FC40 camera, CNC Brushless Gimbal, 3x Batteries, Charger, Original Camera Mount/gimbal, 6x extra used propellors

keep in mind that the prices are going up due to them not being produced anymore, plus I can make it say something like UAV Drone, 1/4 mile flight capabilities, Live FPV, HD recording, GPS stabilization, auto-return-to-home, failsafe return to home

There is still a demand, but if you have it customized and its worth the same as a P3 Standard( Basically your new FC40 with DJI proprietary battery), chances are nobody is going to want to buy it if they can get the newer version. I would suggest putting it on Ebay if you truly want to sell it. Personally I would keep it and just keep adding to your fleet. There are still way too many benefits to keeping your FC40:

1). No ridiculously priced $150 battery to buy if you want extra batteries
2). All around great proven flyer
3). Customizable so you can tweak it how you want it
4). Parts are cheaper than ever
5). Endless upgrade possibilities
6). Nothing like waking the neighbors early to the sound of bees:)

Hope I talked you out of it:D

Reactions: Yande
I bought a 12 month old FC40, ( with not one blemish), "Never Crashed" was my mate, and seller's response, along with a total of 4 Batteries, (numbered, and all 12 months old). Original Camera and Mount, along with a Walkera 2D gymbal and separate battery supply for it. Not hard wired. Also, Flytrex, tracking program installed.. In Original box, with every little thing/piece, still intact, and a total of 3 x 4 (sets) of props. (1 x 9" 2 x 8")
NOT ONE MARK/BLEMISH Original Packageing.
$AUD500.00 That being mates rates.

A good or only a fair mate??

Thanks for the help guys, probably won't be selling it. I suppose I'll just have to grind 1000$ elsewhere. Honestly I probably wouldn't have been able to give him away anyhow. So that just leaves one question, P3 adv or pro? I mean 250$ just seems a tad above what I would pay for a 4k camera and faster charge. I mean does it really make a difference if I don't have a 4k tv to play it on anyways?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.