Wondering out loud about update process...

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to simply plug a cord into the drone, go to a website, click update and let it happen? Why the whole go to website, insert a micro sd, hope you do it right, then plug it into the drone, pray for correct beep sequence, then plug micro sd back into computer and pray you get some text version of success?

What does a multi step process get than a connect a cord & click update, can't??

Beats me. The fact that updates are not cumulative and apparently need to be done in steps tells me that DJI needs to pull their heads out of their asses and learn how the rest of the world pushes out updates.

The app can update the RC so there's really no good reason it couldn't update the AC too. I know there's a reluctance in the industry to update FW wirelessly but with a simple MD5 check, there's no reason it couldn't be done wirelessly. In fact, with all the variables involved with people putting files on an SD card, in the right place, and for the right model, I'd argue that the risks of a wireless update are less than an SD card bin file.

Mike

These days not everyone has PC's.

Though I agree the go app should be able to upgrade the drone and rc.

AFAIR the (P3P) RC was still updated via SD card last summer. Then DJI changed it to go via the GO app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1