Wobbly p3s

Reaction score
I added propeller guards and my drone flew very wobbly so I removed them. Now my drone still flies wobbly. Any ideas? I have new propellers on. One propeller doesn't look like it spins as fast as the others.
Thanks in advance for advice.

I added propeller guards and my drone flew very wobbly so I removed them. Now my drone still flies wobbly. Any ideas?
If you use the longer screws to install the prop guards, you have to be extremely careful with those or it could damage a motor. My guess would be that part of the issue. Either you have a screw too loose on one or more motors, or too tight. There is a fine line there.

I just loosened all the screws (short ones) put a level on the landing gear and tightened lightly.Getting ready to see if that worked. If it didn't then it looks like I am replacing a motor. Thanks

so i am replacing 2 motors. I see the ps3 takes the 2312. Is there a difference between the 2312 and 2312 A.

If it didn't then it looks like I am replacing a motor.
Not necessarily so, but it would be more like a motor mount, which in that case would be the lower shell. But don't panic on that just yet. Personally, I have never used prop guards on any quad I have had, even beginner ones. I see them as useless, and only adds a value of "precaution" to the flyer. But everyone has there own opinions. And yes there is a difference in the motors. Unless you have a serious motor issue I wouldn't bother with that. You would definitely know if you damaged a motor winding.

What do you mean by motor mount? If the the propellers aren't spinning as fast how would that be the mount instead of a motor?
Thanks

What do you mean by motor mount?
A cracked mount from the screws, possibly cantering the motor ever so slightly, which would account for vibrations and possibly a portion of the cracked mount, inhibiting the full motor rev. However, you should see an obstruction error if this were the case. It was a thought based on your description of "wobbly". You could pull the latest .dat file from the aircraft and that may possibly tell you more. At least it would confirm the rev issue with one of the motors. That is of coarse assuming that the P3s records the motor rpm's. Not sure off of the top of my head.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj