WOBBLE IMAGE / VISION PLUS

Reaction score
Hi there, im a Phantom new user.

I have a little issue with the image of the camera, im using narrow mode in 1080p and the "soft" option of the image sharpness, the thing that when i record any video, i see some wobbling of the image, specially in the vertical elements, like lightning posts or stuffs like that!

Any ideas?

HI,
New user myself. I find changing frame rate from 60 to 30 has help my video.
Hope this helps,
Radar

I think what you are seeing is 'rolling shutter' - when you are panning mainly?
This is a problem even with professional grade video cameras and is caused by the way the scene is scanned like lines rather than an instantaneous full frame as in the days of film.
Contrary to previous advise you will reduce it by filming at 60fps rather than 30fps.
However with V+ you have to go down to 720p to achieve this.
(1080i/60fps really is best avoided unless you only play video on your own TV)

Alternatively try to keep panning/yaw movements slow and smooth or even cut out any rapid turns later when editing.
There are some filters in more capable software like adobe premier which to some extent fix it.

HienoKaveri said:
naturarquista said:

I have a little issue with the image of the camera, im using narrow mode in 1080p and the "soft" option of the image sharpness, the thing that when i record any video, i see some wobbling of the image, specially in the vertical elements, like lightning posts or stuffs like that!

Any ideas?

balance your **** props.
?????????????????? :roll:

HienoKaveri said:
naturarquista said:

Any ideas?

balance your **** props.

Please, tell us more.

The effect i see looks like a wave, a kind of wobble that distorts the imagen, imagine that it looks like an image made of water, so some times it does not look flat.

Anyway, what you are saying its interesting. So, explain yourself!

Yes, i found out that is a very common issue called JELLO EFFECT, i guess that it happens for unbalanced props. Im really out of props, I broke ones in my first flight. Now im using dirty props, so i guess i have to fix it!

4wd said:
I think what you are seeing is 'rolling shutter' - when you are panning mainly?

Contrary to previous advise you will reduce it by filming at 60fps rather than 30fps.
However with V+ you have to go down to 720p to achieve this.
(1080i/60fps really is best avoided unless you only play video on your own TV)

Alternatively try to keep panning/yaw movements slow and smooth or even cut out any rapid turns later when editing.
There are some filters in more capable software like adobe premier which to some extent fix it.

Why should 1080i/60 be avoided?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik