With all the negative posts, how about some positive ones!

Reaction score
Man. Spending all of this money on our hobby and with all the talks of flyaways, crashes, lack of tech supoort from dji, burning escs, motor failures, gps issues, gimball problems, software issues.. I just cant take it . Lol :mrgreen:

How about for a second everyone that has run their phantom for more than 5 flights with great experience chime in here.. everything s gonna be alright .. lol :lol: :lol:

Re: With all the negative posts, how about some positive on

Here is my 5-minute visual account of positive experiences over the last year. I had a flying and exploring cool places and capturing this imagery.

I hope you enjoy the clips as much as I had fun taking them.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIk_nJXkQ4[/youtube]

Zinnware said:
Here is my 5-minute visual account of positive experiences over the last year. I had a flying and exploring cool places and capturing this imagery.

I hope you enjoy the clips as much as I had fun taking them.

Thats what im talking about !!! Amazing thank you for sharing!

Can I ask what is your machines specs ?

I got no beef with people complaining about Phantom problems in here because that's how we make it a better product. Hopefully the DJI engineers frequent this board and appreciate our feedback.

The consumer drone industry reminds me a lot of the desktop computer industry of the 80's. PC's were starting to get interesting around that time, and the average Joe was willing to shuck out $2,000 of his hard-earned cash to start tinkering around with the new-fangled "puter". However, it was obvious that it was a nascent industry just starting to build momentum and all the REALLY cool stuff was coming in the years ahead. All these hours we spend trying to make fragile gimbals work right and tweaking batteries is going to seem silly 10-15 years from now when drones are ultra-powerful flying machines that can buzz along at 150 MPH with solar-recharging panels on top of them, high speed cargo winches underneath them, and navigating by using 7G cell towers while beaming back 12K video to our screens!

I have 50+ flights with no problem other than two broken props due to clipping a branch which was my fault. You can see pictures in my signature for some places I've been with my P2. Much more to fly in 2015.

TimmyG94 said:
I got no beef with people complaining about Phantom problems in here because that's how we make it a better product. Hopefully the DJI engineers frequent this board and appreciate our feedback.

The consumer drone industry reminds me a lot of the desktop computer industry of the 80's. PC's were starting to get interesting around that time, and the average Joe was willing to shuck out $2,000 of his hard-earned cash to start tinkering around with the new-fangled "puter". However, it was obvious that it was a nascent industry just starting to build momentum and all the REALLY cool stuff was coming in the years ahead. All these hours we spend trying to make fragile gimbals work right and tweaking batteries is going to seem silly 10-15 years from now when drones are ultra-powerful flying machines that can buzz along at 150 MPH with solar-recharging panels on top of them, high speed cargo winches underneath them, and navigating by using 7G cell towers while beaming back 12K video to our screens!
Great point dont stress the small stuff right! How bout we get some more positive feedback about the phantom, zinnware really hit the nail on the head with what im looking for in this thread..

knuckles said:
I have 50+ flights with no problem other than two broken props due to clipping a branch which was my fault. You can see pictures in my signature for some places I've been with my P2. Much more to fly in 2015.
Hey knuckles just checked your skypixel page great captures! 50+ flights no issues awesome! Good stuff ... keep them coming ... :mrgreen:

No complaints here.
Trouble free since May. Almost 200 flights and getting pix like this ...
6766-86aaa-XL.jpg

But it looks a lot better full screen on a big monitor .. http://abovephotos.smugmug.com/AP/Noosa/i-pK9qkXh/A

9 months and many flights too numerous to count...never a problem that I did not cause myself. My phantom 2 non vison, has been remarkably reliable, knock on wood!

Nice videos and pictures. Made me want to run outside and fly my machine.

Zinnware, what camera did you use? And where was all of that? What software do you use to edit?

Scottintexas said:
Nice videos and pictures. Made me want to run outside and fly my machine.

Zinnware, what camera did you use? And where was all of that? What software do you use to edit?

Thats what I'm saying!! Great posts everyone jeep them coming!!
Great captures!! Some amazing videography here

capodrone81 said:
knuckles said:
Hey knuckles just checked your skypixel page great captures! 50+ flights no issues awesome! Good stuff ... keep them coming ... :mrgreen:
Thanks. I have another video to upload in a day or so. I'm still working on editing. It's good my wife is supportive our vacations and trips are based around cool places to fly and film :cool:

My FC40 flies like a dream.

I crash it, replace some props and maybe a landing gear or two, and fly it some more. I am getting better and crash very rarely these days. :D It's an awesome machine that does well at altitudes ranging from 4,600 to 7,500 ft MSL and it handles high winds great.

4wd, Really nice video! You have some beautiful areas on the North York Moors, the colours are great. I may have to come up and visit sometime. :)

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on my video that is my expression of a positive post.
Although my video is a positive post, I must admit that I did experience issues.
There were questions about my setup. Sorry for the delayed response.
capodrone81 said:
I am flying a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (Some shots near the end are with a Zenmuse H3-D2 gimbal
Camera is a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition.
Stock Controller

FPV setup
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV Hub
ImmersionRC - 5.8 GHz 600mW Tx
Black Pearl Monitor RC801 with Diversity (32 channel)
IBCrazy 5.8Ghz Bluebeam Ultra Antennas
IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical Antenna
Velcro - Scotch Brand - Multi-Purpose Fastners
Monitor Bracket

You may notice that I am using a Black Pearl 32 channel monitor with a built in diversity receiver (Yes I know that people recommend the 7 channel, but I can get visual ranges exceeding 3200m to 5200m) when paired up with ImmersionRC - 5.8 GHz 600mW Tx.

Scottintexas said:
Zinnware, where was all of that? What software do you use to edit?

Most of the edits were with PowerDirector 12. The clips from Costa Rica and shots near the end were edited with the free Windows Movie Maker and the GoPro Studio and the quality is degraded a bit. I'm using a PC and not a MAC.

As for location description of each clip, I just added Close Captions on the player to turn on location descriptions.

Zinnware said:
Thanks for all of the positive feedback on my video that is my expression of a positive post.

Robert, Love it, we'll done video! Thought the ending was awesome :lol:

Zinnware said:
Although my video is a positive post, I must admit that I did experience issues.
There were questions about my setup. Sorry for the delayed response.
capodrone81 said:
I am flying a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (Some shots near the end are with a Zenmuse H3-D2 gimbal
Camera is a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition.
Stock Controller

Zinnware said:
setup
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV Hub
ImmersionRC - 5.8 GHz 600mW Tx
Black Pearl Monitor RC801 with Diversity (32 channel)
IBCrazy 5.8Ghz Bluebeam Ultra Antennas
IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical Antenna
Velcro - Scotch Brand - Multi-Purpose Fastners
Monitor Bracket

You may notice that I am using a Black Pearl 32 channel monitor with a built in diversity receiver (Yes I know that people recommend the 7 channel, but I can get visual ranges exceeding 3200m to 5200m) when paired up with ImmersionRC - 5.8 GHz 600mW Tx.

Nice Velcro - Scotch brand :lol: quality!!

Last question for now :lol: :mrgreen: What are you Go pro hero3 black setting?

1080/60 medium ntsc?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj