witch Android tablet

Reaction score
I have a few Android tablets but every one has problem playing 4k video.
I have 12.2 Samsung and a 10.inch samsung
Is there one playing 4k video. Only my tv is fast can play it without problems

"Which" tablet?.... Nvidia shield of course....

Why would you use a tablet that is not 4k to watch 4k videos.
The tablet will struggle with it and when it does show you something it will be in FHD.
Whatch Those 4k videos, on your 4k TV.

Bat

Last edited:
Try using VLC player (if your aren't already). If it won't play the 4k file it's a device hardware limitation. There is probably no point trying to play any video that exceeds the native display resotion of the device. Just reincode the source material to suit the device.

Try using VLC player (if your aren't already). If it won't play the 4k file it's a device hardware limitation. There is probably no point trying to play any video that exceeds the native display resotion of the device. Just reincode the source material to suit the device.

That is an incorrect statement as VLC will play back 4K footage but it has to be setup correctly watch the following video on how to set it up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is an incorrect statement as VLC will play back 4K footage but it has to be setup correctly watch the following video on how to set it up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My suggestion was VLC works where other apps struggle on marginal hardware specs. The fact you may need to tweak settings in VLC does not make what I said an incorrect statement.

My suggestion was VLC works where other apps struggle on marginal hardware specs. The fact you may need to tweak settings in VLC does not make what I said an incorrect statement.

Well, it's not a hardware limitation either.

I have a few Android tablets but every one has problem playing 4k video.
I have 12.2 Samsung and a 10.inch samsung
Is there one playing 4k video. Only my tv is fast can play it without problems

I have cheap HP Stream 7 tablet that plays 4k use Microsoft player.

Well, it's not a hardware limitation either.

I have cheap HP Stream 7 tablet that plays 4k use Microsoft player.
LOL- we are on the same page, that was my point- VLC makes playback possible where other apps struggle or fail miserably. If VLC doesn't work likely nothing will on whatever hardware you are using.

Reactions: Chrislaf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.