Wisconsin to Alabama. Re-calibrate the Compass?

Reaction score
Powered up the ac after 1000 mile trip. All systems go, with no notice to calibrate the compass. Should I calibrate anyway?
Thanks

Powered up the ac after 1000 mile trip. All systems go, with no notice to calibrate the compass. Should I calibrate anyway?
Thanks

No.

Calibration, or better said: compensation, negates distortions from items on-board he aircraft, thus the spin in two axes for characterization.

For those who believe it somehow also considers declination in this process, which it doesn't, your travels paralleled fairly closely to the currently established plot. So even that alone is not a reason to re-cal.

Reactions: With The Birds
with no notice to calibrate the compass
DJI GO will most likely never tell when you need to calibrate the compass. It does sometimes warn you about compass-related problems though. In most cases, those warnings are not a sign that the compass needs to be calibrated.

When it comes to calbrating the compass, the best advice can be found in the Compass Calibration Guide.

DJI GO will most likely never tell when you need to calibrate the compass. It does sometimes warn you about compass-related problems though. In most cases, those warnings are not a sign that the compass needs to be calibrated.

When it comes to calbrating the compass, the best advice can be found in the Compass Calibration Guide.
thanks for the guide, but have question about "The colored bars should be in the green (Excellent) range when the Phantom is in a location that is away from magnetic influences. If the bars are in the red (Poor) range or close to it, move the Phantom to a different location and check again." Never seen colored bars on this screen, just numbers.

Never seen colored bars on this screen, just numbers.
DJI GO 3 displays a "Mod" value. That value should be between 1,300 and 1,600.

DJI GO 3 displays a "Mod" value. That value should be between 1,300 and 1,600.
thanks all for the input. Rod, what is "mod"? I really need to write toese numbers down. I seem to run across them once a year and forget them until the next time I wonder about them.

Mod is short for Modulus which can have many definitions in mathematics. In this case it is most likely short for Absolute value of a complex number.

In this case it is the magnitude of the measured magnetic field vector √{Bx² + By² + Bz²}.

Thanks for the affirmation.

Mod is short for Modulus which can have many definitions in mathematics. In this case it is most likely short for Absolute value of a complex number.
Thanks all. And here i thought it stood for moderate like politics should be.

No need to recalibrate. I have flown many times in Vancouver Canada one day and New York the next. No need for recalibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic