Wiring up a FatShark 5.8

Reaction score
Ok, I'm brand new to FPV, so bare with me...

I purchased this transmitter and am attempting to wire it into my Phantom 2 ZenMuse with GoPro Hero4.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AT3JNBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And also got this receiver:
https://www.amazon.com/Elvid-SkyVis...TF8&qid=1466019565&sr=8-1&keywords=wcm-758dvr

Here is how I've attempted to wire it:
Dropbox - DRONE STUFF.zip
IMG_4919.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG

I'm not getting any signal detected on the reciever. Should I be getting something, even if the vid signal coming to the transmitter isn't good? I have checked every freq combination available on the units.

I'm not getting any signal detected on the reciever. Should I be getting something, even if the vid signal coming to the transmitter isn't good? I have checked every freq combination available on the units.

I'm nowhere any expert but I've done quite a lot of RC electronics so I think you've got the yellow and brown wires the wrong way round, yellow is normally earth not negative as you have it, hope you haven't blown it

I'm nowhere any expert but I've done quite a lot of RC electronics so I think you've got the yellow and brown wires the wrong way round, yellow is normally earth not negative as you have it, hope you haven't blown it
If u look at the chart on the transmitter, white is video. I have the yellow wire from phantom to the white wire.

without going out to look at my set-up on my old 5.8 cam tx I can't really remember but I'll have a look tomorrow to see how mine is wired up

just checked my boscam set-up, it's slightly different to your but you are correct the yellow is connected to the white (sorry) but I have 4 wires going into the TX black and red, power, yellow and black for video input

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers