Wiring question for FatShark, GoPro & Gimbal

Reaction score
I just need some confirmation that I'm planning on doing this correct...

I've got a FatShark Predator v2 on it's way and plan on wiring up my goodluckbuy gimbal and the FatShark Tx with the GoPro cable. I was planning on powering the gimbal with the AUX power line that the Phantom (v1.1.1) already has (the one that is cutoff right where it comes out by the leg of the Phantom). Can I splice (I'll probably just solder the Tx wires directly to the PCB) these two wires and power both the gimbal and FatShark Tx from them?

This is the GoPro cable I ordered :
http://www.rotorquest.com/product_info.php?products_id=102649
And it looks like I'm going to have to swap the wires around on the cable plug to match the FatShark Tx. I don't think I need the audio, so I should only have to connect the Yellow & Brown (Vid & GND) - correct?

Thanks

Correct on both counts, if you're comfortable with soldering then you can attach the power lead for the fatshark Tx to the aux power cable from the Phantom or directly to the board where the battery connects, your choice. And if you want to splice the video feed all you should need are the video lead (usually yellow) and the ground lead (usually black or brown).

Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply OI Photography!

I'm going to be grabbing a iOSD mini in the near future as well and tackle the CAN Bus mod for my v1.1.1. Looking forward to getting all of this up and running.

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20